upgrades???

Scorpiorose

:confused:Ok....I have to ask a stupid question, what is this upgrading all about? I booked our cruise on Miracle 4/2/06, inside cabin and it is now paid in full. How, when, where and why would I get an upgrade. I called the other day and they confirmed I'm where I booked myself. I choose the rear end, higher up, inside. I am motion sensitive and thought that would be best. Any advise? Thanks all!:cool:

:confused:Ok....I have to ask a stupid question, what is this upgrading all about? I booked our cruise on Miracle 4/2/06, inside cabin and it is now paid in full. How, when, where and why would I get an upgrade. I called the other day and they confirmed I'm where I booked myself. I choose the rear end, higher up, inside. I am motion sensitive and thought that would be best. Any advise? Thanks all!:cool:

You won't get any.. you have to book a guarantee!!!

:confused: Was I supposed to choose a "guarantee" at some point? So, not having done that, I'm in the room I chose right? They wont switch me downward will they? Live and learn. Thanks for the infor. At which point and where should I have chosen a guarantee? I'm booking a second and third cruise in the near future...thanks again!

Being MOtion sensitive you should have went lower midship.

Did you tell the agent about your sensitivity?

Serene, I have a question that I am hoping you can answer. I know you are usually good with this stuff. We have a group booked (8 cabins) half of us booked balcony's catagory 8A (assigned cabins) while the other half booked Ocean Viw cabins (Cat 6a) assigned rooms...with the exception of one couple who booked a 6 A guarentee. Being that we have a group booked and half being balcony's - what do you think the chances of an upgrade to a balcony would be for the couple who booked a 6a guarentee are? I'm wondering if it would be best for them to just have cabin assignment so they know for sure that their room will be near others in the group or from my past expierance Carnival tries to keep groups traveling together close by...

Its rare tht people go from insides to oceanviews and oceanviews to balconies.. But it does happen.

We booked our first cruise 8 cabins all inside. 3 were upgraded to oceanviews..the rest stayed as insides. We were all on the same deck. but scattered throughout.

On my upcoming group-- the people who booked guarantees only went to the highest available cat in what they booked.

What ship did you book coz some only have two decks of oceanviews.

If I was your friend... stay with the oceanview-- coz the 6E's are amazing.

One thing to remember is that if you are in a room with three or four berths and only using one or two of them if a group (family) needs all the berths they will move you up (to a two person room) if needed to fill the space. That is usually the reason that a person who has a specified cabin is moved. You will never be moved to a catageory lower than you paid for but you MIGHT be moved up.

:confused: Was I supposed to choose a "guarantee" at some point? So, not having done that, I'm in the room I chose right? They wont switch me downward will they? Live and learn. Thanks for the infor. At which point and where should I have chosen a guarantee? I'm booking a second and third cruise in the near future...thanks again!

No, if you want a specific Cabin due to motion sickness etc. you made the right choice. If you dont care as to where your cabin will be, then you select the Catagory and pick it Guarantee, That just mean they can bump you to any cabin up as they need to fill up the ship. Its also another way to save extra money if selecting a 4a inside, you could end up in a 6a with French doors or like my friend a 4a inside to a 8h balcony. Its like a lottery.

Good Luck.:)

Its rare tht people go from insides to oceanviews and oceanviews to balconies.. But it does happen.

We booked our first cruise 8 cabins all inside. 3 were upgraded to oceanviews..the rest stayed as insides. We were all on the same deck. but scattered throughout.

On my upcoming group-- the people who booked guarantees only went to the highest available cat in what they booked.

What ship did you book coz some only have two decks of oceanviews.

If I was your friend... stay with the oceanview-- coz the 6E's are amazing.

We are booked on The Carnival Valor 5/28/06. We booked 10 months in advance. On our last cruise (same ship) 2 couples both booked a 4A guarentee and were upgraded to a 6A keeping the cabins next to each other.

This time around our friend has a 6A gurantee. I wasn't sure what the chances of going from an Oceanview to a balcony are - but I will keep my fingers crossed that they do receive a good upgrade.

What are category 6E like?

Serene, I have a question that I am hoping you can answer. I know you are usually good with this stuff. We have a group booked (8 cabins) half of us booked balcony's catagory 8A (assigned cabins) while the other half booked Ocean Viw cabins (Cat 6a) assigned rooms...with the exception of one couple who booked a 6 A guarentee. Being that we have a group booked and half being balcony's - what do you think the chances of an upgrade to a balcony would be for the couple who booked a 6a guarentee are? I'm wondering if it would be best for them to just have cabin assignment so they know for sure that their room will be near others in the group or from my past expierance Carnival tries to keep groups traveling together close by...

I booked on Fantasy last year for my hubby, myself and two teenage daughters.....booked 2 inside guarantees......we got E6 way in the front of the boat and U243 one floor down and all the way to the back of the boat....thank god the girls were 14 & 20 and not younger....our plan was for them to share a room and it worked because of their ages...if you want to make sure you are together book assigned.

This time on the Miracle the group is a bunch of Girl Scouts and their moms we didn't care if we were all together just wanted to save money. We booked inside gty and got 5A....obstructed view....at least we can open the windows......are rooms are also within 11 doors of each other all on the same hall.....dumb luck I guess.

We were on the Elation last week and had booked room R148 back in October, but when we got our actual tickets on Dec 23, we had been upgraded to V25 which had a (partially obstructed) balcony, still a nice upgrade from an oceanview room, when we werent expecting it. And yes, the motion is much more detectable on the higher up decks, and forward is worse too.

I booked an oceanview guarentee for my cruise (16 days!) and was upgraded to the Empress deck. Same size cabin, just a few decks up. The only negative about booking a guarentee (for me, anyway) is you don't know where you'll end up. I will be in 7201 which is forward facing. THis won't bother me but someone that easily gets motion sickness may not enjoy it if the seas get a bit rough.

Archived