Queen's suite

zlato

Depends on the ship.

On QM2 the Q5's are midships and the Q6's are forward and aft. They are both identical.

On QE and QV they are at the stern. Although soon to change again, the Q5's are corner suites and Q6's are in the middle.

We're in a Q6 at the moment on deck 8.

6 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Depends on the ship.

On QM2 the Q5's are midships and the Q6's are forward and aft. They are both identical.

On QE and QV they are at the stern. Although soon to change again, the Q5's are corner suites and Q6's are in the middle.

We're in a Q6 at the moment on deck 8.

Do you know what the changes are we cruised on QE in Q6 at the aft and loved it.

8 hours ago, zlato said:

What is the difference between a Q5 and a Q6 Queens suite?

The Deck 8 Q6s in the middle at the stern of QV are the new design and decor. 

Although the video declares 8178 a Q4, it is in fact a Q6. The Q4s have a different layout:

8 hours ago, zlato said:

What is the difference between a Q5 and a Q6 Queens suite?

As for QM2, there's no difference in layout or size between a Q5 or Q6. What separates these suites is location. Q6 suites are forward on Deck 9, close to the Commodore Club. I found the location perfectly fine on a Transatlantic, but avoid 9001 as I understand sensitive noses may dislike the proximity of that suite to the smoking room. 

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Do you know what the changes are we cruised on QE in Q6 at the aft and loved it.

The Q5's are to become Q6's and vice versa (at the stern).

We just booked a corner Q6 for 2021 that is at present a Q5. Don't ask me to explain.

Thank you for your responses.  If the pictures included in this thread or on the Cunard web site for the Queen's suite are accurate illustrations (QM25), said suites appear to be very similar to the Neptune suites on the older Holland American cruise ships.  Wife and I are booked on the QM2 for a trans Atlantic crossing (NY to Southampton) in a Queen's suite (QM2-5).  I hope the pictures are truly representative of the actual suite.  Our return to U.S. is via Venice, Italy to Tampa on Holland American Veendam in a Neptune suite,  Although we are seasoned cruisers (4 star mariners on HA), this will be our first cruise on a Cunard ship.  Looking forward to the comparison.

we had what was a Q4 8174 just after QV was refurbished. It was the most inconvenient cabin we have ever had ???.

however the bathroom was wonderful- the best we have ever had and very luxurious.

Does anyone know if this is still Q4?

this year we had a corner  aft on deck 4 of QV and we enjoyed it very much.

about to try another deck 4 cabin  QG mid aft on QE, so looking forward to comparing.

7 hours ago, daisybel said:

we had what was a Q4 8174 just after QV was refurbished. It was the most inconvenient cabin we have ever had ???.

however the bathroom was wonderful- the best we have ever had and very luxurious.

Does anyone know if this is still Q4?

this year we had a corner  aft on deck 4 of QV and we enjoyed it very much.

about to try another deck 4 cabin  QG mid aft on QE, so looking forward to comparing.

What made it inconvenient?

We have had a Neptune Suite on HAL's Noordam and both a Q5 and Q6 on the Queen Mary 2. As you know, the Q5 and Q6 suites are identical.

The only advantage of the Neptune Suite was the bathroom: there were two sinks and a separate shower stall. On the QM2 the Q5 and Q6 suites have only one sink in the bathroom and the shower is over the tub/jacuzzi.

The Queen's Grill suites have a walk-in wardrobe. There is a complimentary in-room bar with two large bottles of liquor you can choose from a list. There is a butler to help arrange any soirées you may wish to give. A bottle of real Champagne will be in the suite on embarkation. You have asked only about the suite, so I will not elaborate on the joys of the Queen's Grill Restaurant other than to say it is fabulous compared to the main dining room on the Noordam in which the food was occasionally good, frequently mediocre and at times barely edible.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:35 PM, Austcruiser84 said:

The Deck 8 Q6s in the middle at the stern of QV are the new design and decor. 

Although the video declares 8178 a Q4, it is in fact a Q6. The Q4s have a different layout:

It was a Q4 at the time - Cunard keep changing the categorisation. 

Edited by Stu UK
spelling

re suite 8174 - firstly too much furniture in the cabin- large chaise at the foot of the bed,  large armchair which  also seemed to be "in the way"  and was very heavy to move.Safe in the bottom shelf of the cupboard which meant going on your knees to open or close it. (not good for oldies)

Vanity with mirror in the bedroom area- mirror too high up. I am 5ft 7 and when sitting on the chair to dry my hair with their hair dryer  or do my make up, I could only see the top of my head?

Wardrobe had a rail half way down. This meant any long dresses were sitting on the rail causing them to be creased.

Magnifying mirror in bathroom set into the vanity door. This was also too far up and was useless.Also missed the Cunard wall clock. Not everyone wants to use their mobile phones.

Bathroom was lovely with a very large bath, good shower and double basins.

I much prefer the older Q5 and Q6 as much more room.

9 hours ago, daisybel said:

re suite 8174 - firstly too much furniture in the cabin- large chaise at the foot of the bed,  large armchair which  also seemed to be "in the way"  and was very heavy to move.Safe in the bottom shelf of the cupboard which meant going on your knees to open or close it. (not good for oldies)

Vanity with mirror in the bedroom area- mirror too high up. I am 5ft 7 and when sitting on the chair to dry my hair with their hair dryer  or do my make up, I could only see the top of my head?

Wardrobe had a rail half way down. This meant any long dresses were sitting on the rail causing them to be creased.

Magnifying mirror in bathroom set into the vanity door. This was also too far up and was useless.Also missed the Cunard wall clock. Not everyone wants to use their mobile phones.

Bathroom was lovely with a very large bath, good shower and double basins.

I much prefer the older Q5 and Q6 as much more room.

You would think they'd test the new design in a mock set up for general use before commuting to it. I assume this is the new decor (similar to 8178 in the video above?).

4 hours ago, daisybel said:

Is the new build definitely Queen Anne.?

Newbuild construction logs label her Queen Anne. I'd say it's a safe bet, but as I posted elsewhere today, Cunard could be cheeky and name her Queen Aquitainia or Queen Mauretania. Though given Mary, Victoria, and Elizabeth, I'd say Anne is more aligned with previous namings.