Was Someone Hurt On Grand 1/21/06 Sailing ?

mommas2tired

My friend just returned from her cruise on the Grand Princess 1/21/06. She had a great time but did tell me she and her family were some of the first ones to tender out (sorry can't remember which port) and while they were boarding they heard a loud scream she says the seas were really rough, anyway she said that one of the people operating the tender came running to the front of the tender and everyone had to get back off, seems one of the persons tying off the tender was crushed or injurjed by the rough water throwing the tender into the ship :eek: she wondered if anyone knew if this person is ok? She says it was hard enough the cause damage to the ship were the tender hit it. She also said the everyone was told to go to the lobby and wait while this person was removed for medical care. :(

We were on board but heard nothing about this. Belize Tendering went off without a hitch. But tendering in Playa Del Carmen was held up for almost two hours, cruise director kept coming on saying large swells were preventing us from being able to board the tenders.

It took us 2 hours from the time we got our tickets to the time we got on shore.

Maybe something did happen? I didn't hear about anything though and no rumors were floating about the ship about this the rest of the week.

The only exciting tendering story I can relay is that one of the lines broke in PDC connecting the tender to the ship.

There was lots of yelling between crews, then a new line was put in place, and loading resumed.

I didn't hear anything about someone getting hurt, but did see what looked like a drill with a stretcher loaded with medical supplies whizzing through the atrium one morning.

Archived