What is Regal Princess like?

strawberrypatch11

Strawberry

That's a very broad question!.

We like Regal Princess, and have been on her twice. We sail on her again next month, Buenos Aires to Santiago, 'round the Horn.

Nice size, good seakeeping abilities, larger than Princess' norm cabins, and the last dedicated cinema in the Princess fleet.

If you go into the Princess site and go to ships and then the Regal all sorts of info comes up like deck plans, pictures, etc. While I have not been on the Regal I was on her sister ship the old Crown and loved the lay out of the ship. Also if you do a search and ask for Regal Princess all sorts of info comes up. Hope this helps a little.

Marilyn

I loved the Regal Princess. The things I liked best about her were:

* larger cabin sizes

* larger bathrooms with a tub-sized shower in all inside and oceanview cabins

* more storage than on Grand-class ships

* the aft of every deck, down to deck 7, is open public space (not cabins that are private), making it easy to find a lounger and enjoy the view of the ocean

* there is an egg station in the buffet where a chef will make your eggs to order in a pan in front of you

* several really good lounges that can handle a lot of people. The Adagio lounge is a wonderful piano lounge pre-dinner.

* a separate pizza restaurant

* a swim-up pool bar

The ship is easy to get around and handles the number of passengers very well. Yes, it's an older, smaller ship but it's, IMHO, better-designed than the Grand-class ships. It also handles waves better.

The Ragal is a wonderful lady who loves to go out to sea. She doesn't have the glitz and glitter, just an understated feeling of elegance.

Agree – and she is NOT for those who are looking for mega-ships and all their amenities. She’s got a much more understated offering, which for some – like me – is excellent. If you cruise for Royal Promenades, rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks or MUTS, Regal Princess won’t be a good fit.

Agree – and she is NOT for those who are looking for mega-ships and all their amenities. She’s got a much more understated offering, which for some – like me – is excellent. If you cruise for Royal Promenades, rock climbing walls, ice skating rinks or MUTS, Regal Princess won’t be a good fit.
True. Also, she does not have Anytime dining unless you eat in the Bistro (a section of the buffet that's closed off at night) so if you absolutely have to have Anytime dining, she may not be the ship for you. You'll be assigned to either early or late dining which IMHO, adds to the specialness of the ship but others may not agree.

The Regal is my favorite ship in the Princess fleet. Understated, elegant public rooms, spacious staterooms, wonderful service personnel. Both the Adagio and Bengal bars are very nice and seem to employ better entertainers than many ships I have sailed on to date.

She is an incredible ship. We sailed on her from New Zealand to Australia and had a wonderful time on the ship - food wasn't as good as we had come to expect from Princess, but that's a Chef problem, not the ship's. She's done is deep blues and golds and will make you feel like a princess... or prince...or whatever. Seriously, you're sailing in style.

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived