Galveston Hotels

oneworld

I just noticed the other day on my way into Galveston that the Howard Johnson that is near the intersection of Harbor Drive and IH45 had a sign that said free cruise parking and listed real cheap rates (can't remember those but I do remember very reasonable). Don't know about a shuttle. It is not close to the Strand (tourist area) so you would need to drive there.

Tucker in Texas

We are going to book at a B&B the night before our cruise on Elation, and it offers free parking at the cruise terminal... yippee--we save $50 right there, and get fresh coffee and a huge breakfast before we board as well. What a steal! :D

Hi, Oneworld:

We will be staying at Grace Manor on Post Office Street--go to the website--it is a beautiful, stately old mansion a few blocks from all the action of the downtown Galveston Strand. The owner told me that when we are ready to check out (after our huge country breakfast the B & B serves), we just drive to the cruise terminal and park our car there for free--Grace Manor has contracted for a few parking spaces at the terminal's parking lot.

Thus, with what we save on breakfast and on parking right by the cruise ship (where we will not have to wait for a shuttle upon debarkation), we will have more $$$ for the Carnival Fun Ship Special during Sailaway! ;)

Got in at Commodore on the beach for 69 a night for Saturday night in late March. That's a pretty sweet price. It's posted at 110, but got it by calling direct.:D

Also, the Galvez is 179 a night but they'll upgrade you to oceanview, which is regularly 229.

Holiday Inn on the Beach says they are full, but said to call back in late Feb. and they'd probably get you in.

All three have shuttle service to the pier (for 10 bucks a room) and free parking; Galvez has security parking for the week.

The Tremont Hotel (a Wyndam Resort like the Galvez) offers a shuttle. They are located in The Strand. We stayed there in January before our cruise. It is a beautifully restored historic hotel, very good service. I booked on priceline and got it for $70. It's a four star hotel.

Gsel - EZCruise Parking seems to be much cheaper then the port lots with good service.

"Embarkation: We live only on 20 minutes from Galveston and I had prepaid our parking thru EZCruise Parking. I think they were an excellent choice for parking; our space was reserved and ready for us the minute we pulled up. After a quick shuttle ride to the Terminal our driver instructed us were to go and were to be upon our return."

Archived