Unrest in Chile

Stefken

Anyone know what RSSC is doing about visit/tours in Chile due to Civil unrest. Especially on 

Mariner cruise, that began 1st November from Miami. Anyone on board now hearing anything

about any concerns RSSC have.

No one in board has replied - all too busy, enjoying their cruise, no doubt.

I flagged this up on the roll call a couple of weeks ago and there seems to be no input from anyone closer to the situation. From what I can gather, most of the unrest is now confined to Santiago and, as we have heard nothing from Regent, I'm guessing that everything will still happen as scheduled. Evening curfews in Coquimbo, Puerto Montt and Punta Arenas remain in place as I understand things but they won't bother us as we'll have left port by the time they come in to force.

Thank you. Hopefully everyone on board very busy enjoying themselves to reply.

Really looking forward to this cruise, I’m  everything  will go brilliantly. Bon voyage and safe travelling to Lima. See you there.

I'm sailing next wednesday, ending in San Antonio and flying out of Santiago Chile. Very concerned as we have a 12 hour delay until our flight leaves. So far Delta is allowing flights to be changed flying until Nov 17, but we don't end in Chile until Dec 6. Anyone else on this ship? Eclipse? Anyone have friends/family in Santiago that know what's actually happening. Taking my 83 year old mom and 7 year old son

Hi, I live in Chile and here are some tips and information.  

1. The unrest is mainly situated in Valparaiso (Congress is located in Valpo) and in Santiago between Plaza Italia and La Moneda Palace.  We recommend folks avoid Valparaiso and try to book lodging in the following areas in Santiago (Vitacura, Las Condes & north of Las Condes and hotels near the airport)

2. Since the police are tied up with the protests, petty theft is on the rise.  Please lock all of your belongings in the trunk of your rental car and never leave any valuables on a counter/table or leave bags on the floor or unattended.   Also be cautious of people trying to help you with a backpack, bag or with changing a tire.  

3. I've heard that most cruise ships are no longer offering transfers as they do not want to be liable.  Plan ahead and check with your cruise line to see if they are offering transfers.

4. The workers at the Valparaiso and San Antonio ports have joined the national protests before but so far it has not affected any ships from docking.  Please be vigilant on which port your cruise ship will dock or depart from and be sure to communicate this to your transport company.

5. Most of Chile is unaffected by the protests and all the of the central wine regions are open and operating normally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1