Private beach break

GLCAS

The thing about booking through Carnival is that they pick you up right from the ship and take you directly to the island. You don't have to tender over to shore and then find a taxi. If that doesn't bother you, it IS less expensive to do it on your own.

Cool!!!! Right to the island...it doesn't get better than that.:D

NCL has cancled its Private Beach Break excursion due to vandalism! :mad:

This was to Sargents Caye. Any one hear anything else about this?

We were on the 2/12 sailing of the Norwegian Dawn. We took the ships tour to Bannister Caye. Except for the weather, (rain) we enjoyed the island.

The restrooms were clean, and I ate a hot dog and fries. DH had a piece of chicken and fries. We are fine and had no problems.

It was a nice trip:)

hi chris its me, from what I see u guys had a great time, we did too in punta cana, you have to go awsom, the only thing is the night I got home I ended up in the hospital a week very sick, just gotout yesterday; I will email you love mill

hi chris its me, from what I see u guys had a great time, we did too in punta cana, you have to go awsom, the only thing is the night I got home I ended up in the hospital a week very sick, just gotout yesterday; I will email you love mill

Milly how terrible. Hope you feel better. I'll be watching for your email.

We were on the 2/12 sailing of the Norwegian Dawn. We took the ships tour to Bannister Caye. Except for the weather, (rain) we enjoyed the island.

The restrooms were clean, and I ate a hot dog and fries. DH had a piece of chicken and fries. We are fine and had no problems.

It's good to hear that the food problem has been addressed!!!:D

Is there something special about booking this excursion through Carnival? $42 seems expensive when you could get a taxi to to the pier and for $17.50 round trip get rides over there. Am I not understanding this right? Just looking to save $$ if possible, but don't need a headache from not booking right with Carnival either...haha:)

Thanks for the input!

Coral Breeze has a great deal. I have used them last year and highley recommend them. The only problem is that Carnival has an agreement with Bannister Island and all tour operators. If Carnival is the only ship at port then you are not able to book through a tour operator.

$42.00 does seem kinda steep just to take a 10 minute boatride to the island. But there isn't much to do since it's the only way to get there.

We are on the 3/26 sailing of the Dawn, tried to book the beach break and were told it was cancled because of vandalism? Anyone have any other updates on this ????

We are on the 3/26 sailing of the Dawn, tried to book the beach break and were told it was cancled because of vandalism? Anyone have any other updates on this ????

I'm not sure where NCL does their beach break. We are on Carnival's Private Island Beach Break in 3 weeks, and that one goes to Bannister Island. No problems with vandalism there.

CaptN,

Was on the Dawn 2/12 sailing. We booked the shore ex on line through NCL. We tried to get the Beach Break on line ,twice, got no confirmation back.Which meant that it wasn't available. So be booked a catamaran trip.

Just in case. Once we got on the ship, they offered the Beach Break to Bannister Caye, (which we enjoyed very much.). We turned in the cat tickets .

Now remember we sailed on the 2/12 Screwball Blizzard Sailing. So we were a day off on our sailing. Not sure if that mattered?

It was a nice beach:) Even nicer, Passion Island , Cozumel Shore Ex through NCL.IMHO. Whatever you decide, Bon Voyage:)

I'm not sure where NCL does their beach break. We are on Carnival's Private Island Beach Break in 3 weeks, and that one goes to Bannister Island. No problems with vandalism there.

Have a great trip!!! I look forward to hearing how much you enjoyed it.;)

CaptN,

Was on the Dawn 2/12 sailing. We booked the shore ex on line through NCL. We tried to get the Beach Break on line ,twice, got no confirmation back.Which meant that it wasn't available. So be booked a catamaran trip.

Just in case. Once we got on the ship, they offered the Beach Break to Bannister Caye, (which we enjoyed very much.). We turned in the cat tickets .

Now remember we sailed on the 2/12 Screwball Blizzard Sailing. So we were a day off on our sailing. Not sure if that mattered?

It was a nice beach:) Even nicer, Passion Island , Cozumel Shore Ex through NCL.IMHO. Whatever you decide, Bon Voyage:)

Sounds Familiar, when I called about no confirmation that's when they told me that it had been canceled because of Vandalism. So we booked the catamaran in its place ( stops at Bannister Island). I called and mentioned the 2/12 beach break and they said it would probably be something offered only on-board! Thanks for all the info!

Sounds Familiar, when I called about no confirmation that's when they told me that it had been canceled because of Vandalism. So we booked the catamaran in its place ( stops at Bannister Island). I called and mentioned the 2/12 beach break and they said it would probably be something offered only on-board! Thanks for all the info!

You"re welcome Captain:) Have a great cruise. Wish we were going back again. Minus the Blizzard:D

• 3 weeks later...
The thing about booking through Carnival is that they pick you up right from the ship and take you directly to the island. You don't have to tender over to shore and then find a taxi. If that doesn't bother you, it IS less expensive to do it on your own.

OK..so the people at Bannister told be I had to book thru carnival, as was reported here. Soooooooooo....I go to carnivals site to book the excursion and can't!

While it is listed on the excursion page, when you go to the booking page it is not there!

What's the deal? Do you have to wait and book it once you are onboard?:confused:

I think that means that they "locked" the tour or that it is sold out. I had this same problem. We are a group of 17 and after getting the run around from Carnival Guest Relations, we attempted to book it on our own, only to find out that it wasn't available. We then went back to guest relations or group relations (not sure) and after putting up a fight - they finally booked this excursion for us. They told us it was sold out, but I wonder if they put a lock on this tour after a certain amount of people have booked, to leave available space for the people to book once onboard.

When are you sailing?

I think that means that they "locked" the tour or that it is sold out. I had this same problem. We are a group of 17 and after getting the run around from Carnival Guest Relations, we attempted to book it on our own, only to find out that it wasn't available. We then went back to guest relations or group relations (not sure) and after putting up a fight - they finally booked this excursion for us. They told us it was sold out, but I wonder if they put a lock on this tour after a certain amount of people have booked, to leave available space for the people to book once onboard.

When are you sailing?

I am sailing on May 14th.

I am calling them tomorrow and giving them grief. I booked this cruise for our 10th anniversary, and that day is our actual anniversary date, and we were looking forward to just relaxing on a tropical beach and having drinks brought to us....LOL:D

I will get this booked. They will not want to hear from me several times a day every day...LOL:p

Go for it!! Don't give up either. I found that everytime we spoke to someone it was a different story. My mother is a TA and when she called to pay everyones balance (17 of us) she figured she would book this excursion. At that time she was told it would all have to be charged to one card. We called back the next day and was told we couldn't use a credit card it would have to be a check form the TA. Then we were told it was sold out. Everytime we called it was another story. After complaining about getting the run around, itinerary changing on this sailing, booking a large group ---yada, yada, yada....we finally got our way. But I also wonder if this excursion will once again be available once onboard. Since space is limited they may not want to completly sell out before the sailing. Good luck...and Happy Anniversary :)

Thanks!!!

I'm going to call them from work today. Part of my job is dealing with sales people and complaining until I get my way, so I will be in full work mode when I call them...LOL

I'll report back on how I do!:D

I spoke to a very nice and understanding woman this morning.

She explained to me that thier was an itinerary change before I booked the cruise. They shuffled the order of the ports around (if you look at the route map on thier site it actually shows the original order which is different than the listed itinerary below it) We were to go to Belize on Monday, it has been switched to thursday. This is giving thier computers problems in booking excursions as they are not seeing the ship in that port on that day.:rolleyes:

So...long story short....no one can book this excursion until they are on the ship, it is not sold out! <whew> 48 days and counting!!!

I'll have to add that one to the list. I heard so many things from them. I wonder if you were to call again today, if you would get a different story. I would think though, that there will be space available once you get on the ship. They can't have an excursion sold out before the ship sets sail...right:confused:

They also shuffled around our days at port. What gets me is that if you were to call and book any other excursion in Belize they would show that it's available. Why is the Private Island Beach Break the only excursion that isn't available right now?? It makes me wonder.

I'll have to add that one to the list. I heard so many things from them. I wonder if you were to call again today, if you would get a different story. I would think though, that there will be space available once you get on the ship. They can't have an excursion sold out before the ship sets sail...right:confused:

They also shuffled around our days at port. What gets me is that if you were to call and book any other excursion in Belize they would show that it's available. Why is the Private Island Beach Break the only excursion that isn't available right now?? It makes me wonder.

Well it is new this year. No one else could give me an answer, and this woman was quite convincing...LOL...I'm keeping an eye on the site to see if it shows up. But as soon as I'm onboard I'm booking it before I even head to my room...LOL

Well it is new this year. No one else could give me an answer, and this woman was quite convincing...LOL...I'm keeping an eye on the site to see if it shows up. But as soon as I'm onboard I'm booking it before I even head to my room...LOL

Was on Norwegian Dawn, wanted to do a ship excursion. Tried to book Belize Beach Day on line a month before we left. Got no confirmation back from NCL (which meant sold out or not available). We booked another tour.,

We got on the ship and went to Shore Ex desk and asked about Beach Break tour. They sold it to us then and we turned in the Catamaran tix.

Bannister Caye was a nice place. Good Luck

Was on Norwegian Dawn, wanted to do a ship excursion. Tried to book Belize Beach Day on line a month before we left. Got no confirmation back from NCL (which meant sold out or not available). We booked another tour.,

We got on the ship and went to Shore Ex desk and asked about Beach Break tour. They sold it to us then and we turned in the Catamaran tix.

Thanks!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We tried the same thing with NCL, but we were told that the beach break the we were trying to book on-line was canceled due to vandalism. Bannister Caye was substituted in its palce on-board booking only. We did the cat tour ... went to Bannister Caye after the reef snorkel. Bannister was quite nice but it rained so we didn't get much enjoyment out of it, however I would consider going again.

We tried the same thing with NCL, but we were told that the beach break the we were trying to book on-line was canceled due to vandalism. Bannister Caye was substituted in its palce on-board booking only. We did the cat tour ... went to Bannister Caye after the reef snorkel. Bannister was quite nice but it rained so we didn't get much enjoyment out of it, however I would consider going again.

It was nice. But, after about an hour , it poured on us:( Happy they had a large thatched bar:) and nice people from the Dawn to pass the time with.

Would love to go again in nicer weather.

Archived