Extended balcony on Miracle - Worth it ??

D&MCRUISERS

Talked to Carnival today and they had and extended balcony room for high 9's each for a repeat rate. Is this a decent price ? And is there any benefits to this extended balcony other than a little more room ? Is the view better or do you hang over the edge further ? I think its a decent price and just wondering whether or not to go for it. Would love some pics of it if possible. Perhaps I could search for pics......

Thanks,

Doug n Michelle

I am also looking in to booking an extended balcony on the Miracle? I understand that the difference is in the size of the balcony...but I could be wrong...the room may also be a touch larger. Can anyone answer? Also; how much sunlight does an extended balcony get? (I noticed that some of them are recessed)

D & M: When are you planning on going? You got a price in the high 9's? That's really good (compared to the 13 that I am looking at for June 06) ...depending on what category - but that's still a good price.

The only advantage I see to an extended balcony is the extra space. Most of them are 60 sq. feet vs. 40 sq. feet in a standard balcony. We have booked an extended balcony for our upcoming cruise because i really wanted the extra room. You probably won't be able to see any better. In fact some people don't like the extended balcs because thy look down directly onto lifeboats instead of the water and depending on their location, visibility to the sides can be hampered because the extended balcs are in the indented part of the ship. If your extended balc butts up next to a regular balcony that sticks out farther, you won't be able to see as much to that side. It all kind of depends on whats more important to you. With us, it was the size. You might want to look into an aft balcony. They are extended. Or look at some deck plans and look for some oddball cabins with bigger balconies like #6232.

I am also looking in to booking an extended balcony on the Miracle? I understand that the difference is in the size of the balcony...but I could be wrong...the room may also be a touch larger. Can anyone answer? Also; how much sunlight does an extended balcony get? (I noticed that some of them are recessed)

D & M: When are you planning on going? You got a price in the high 9's? That's really good (compared to the 13 that I am looking at for June 06) ...depending on what category - but that's still a good price.

Rooms are same size. They get the same amount of sun (except aft gets more, usually). High 9's is a good price. We paid $1009 ea. for a cat. 8E extended balcony.

CaribbeanKim, I think the price was 979.00 per person, for the April 23 cruise, they said their were only 4 of the extended balconies left, it was only 20 bucks each more than the oceanview she quoted ! This is way later than I'd like to book but I'm getting married on the 22nd and we had some last minute plans that had to be ironed out before booking. I'll probably spend some time on phone with Carnival tomorrow night and lock in a room.

Thanks for your replies !!!

I have Category E cabin 6222 extended balcony booked for 4/9 on the Miracle and Heidi is correct. You will be looking down at lifeboats and will be in the indented part of the ship, but will have more privacy with the covered balcony versus the open. My parents have the 100 sq ft. balcony cabin 6232. If you notice, all suites are inverted as well. I debated as well, and ended up choosing the extended just to have the extra space.

Archived