Celebration Cruisers

Gypsywych

Hey Ya'll. I was very fortunate to have sailed on the lovely Celebration just last year right around this time. She is an amazing ship! We had the best time. It was a four day cruise and we loved every minute of it. I was 18 last year when I went and there are plenty of things to do to keep older teens busy. The shows, food, and staff were wonderful. You should have your boys check out the late night comedy hour... I am sure they will love it. There is also a basketball court on the upper deck...forgot what it's called, but my 15 year old brother found lots of kids his age to play quite a few pick up games with. They also have a teen disco about every night if I can remember right. I was not able to go because I was 18, but my brother went and seemed to enjoy it. I am sure you will have a great time and meet tons of nice people! Enjoy your cruise!

Any recommendations where to stay post cruise in Jacksonville? We couldn't get a flight to work out so we will have an extra day.

What time will we have to disembark by?

Check out the Sea Turtle Inn or any of the hotels at Jacksonville Beach. The beach is about 30 min by car and a very easy drive from the terminal and it's a great way to prolong your vacation! There's a lot of really cool little places to take "walking tours" in town if you'd rather do something like that.

The Celebration was our first ship to sail as a family in 1998. It is so good to hear that she is still delivering such a good time. Risa Barnes is an absolute sweetheart. I can't remember which ship we sailed with her on, but I witnessed her helping a couple back to their cabin (down the hall from ours). The husband had a physical disability and was having some difficulty physically getting back on the ship from the port. She was on it like a stick in an ant bed. She immediately had the staff attending to his every need to get back on board and then personally assisted them back to their cabin to make sure he was settled in ok.

I have to admit though that I would miss the atrium if we sailed her now. I have developed a wonderful habit of sitting around the atrium bar and meeting new folks as those glass elevators sparkle on their routes to and from the top.

• 4 weeks later...

Hubby and I are on the 6/8 Celebration cruise (our 1st) and we are on the 7/15 Celebration cruise w/kids (their 1st and will be our 2nd). Admitting to being a little nervous about taking doing back to back month cruise since one will be my first. Though, I have a feeling that I'm going to like this "cruisin" thing:D....sound like there is nothing better in the world than being catered to ;)

Hope to some of ya'll there.

ljchris1990

Big Tex is Cruise Director until June...

then Risa will be back...

Lots of no smoking areas now...

a lot less smokey that it was in January.

This is good to know. I haven't sailed on the smaller ships, since they implemented the designated smoking policy. I did not know if that policy would make a big difference considering the size of the ship. Glad to hear it is working well for everyone.

Archived