clothes for South America cruise

wlbox

I plan on packing clothes that I can layer for outside activitiies, but my question deals more with inside the ship.

14 nights, 3 formal. How about the other nights? I usually pack capris and a cute top for informal nights. Will this be appropriate for "Around the Horn"?

Most of my dressy clothing are short sleeved and light weight. A nice sweater will help. But should I pack warmer dressy clothing?

I am very confused..

You didn't say which ship you're on, but all the ones I've ever been on have been climate controlled indoors.

I tend to wear sleeveless tops in the evenings and then bring a variety of shawls to keep a chill off.

Jane

My wife and I were on a South America Cruise around the horn last year. You are right. You will need a combination of clothing for the outside and be sure to have a winter type coat, gloves, sweater, etc. for the outside.

For the inside, you can dress the way you normally do but I would recommend having some light sweather and shawls to keep the chill off as Jane mentioned. That is what many women had on our cruise. It wasn't because it was South America it would be helpful on any cruise. The inside climate is basically the same wherever you go.

Keith

Archived