How do you know which cabins are available?

Boo Boo

Ok, bear with me, am not a COMPLETE nut... :)

If you look at various online booking agencies (including Celebrity's own site), and go through the booking process to see which vcabins are available for a certain sailing, you get a handful of cabins displayed for each category... I assume that these arent ALL of the cabins available for a given category.

Is there any way to find out - online - all of the cabins available in a give category on a given sailing?

Thanks,

Boo

OK, bear with me, all of the cabins available in a give category on a given sailing are available to be booked, if they were already booked, they would not be available, but if no one has booked them yet, then you can get one, if they are already booked, you can't get that cabin!

Hope this helped!

You still can't see all available inventory... some cabins are tied up in groups and you cannot access those cabins.

You also cannot access cabins which are on w/l status.

Also there are cabins which won't pull up based upon the occupancy numbers you put in... unless they are the only cabins available in that category.

The most cabins you can find for Cel on a public site.. will be 7, considered by the cruiseline to be the best 7 available.

watch it though...I just booked Connie online and they never showed CC cabin 9043 or 9038. I booked 8102 and then saw these 2 with a much larger deck open. I contacted Celebrity and they switced my cabin to 9043. Now maybe someone had them and released the same. I put another on hold and when I called up the CC cabins the remaining bigger balcony 9038 did not come up. I put in the specific cabin and voila, it was still available just not coming up in their offering of 3. :( thanks to these boards I got the bigger balcony :)

Ok, sorry you didn't see the humor in that!

I did - hence the ;) after my "hhhhmmmmmm!" ;)

Get a good real life TA, they can find all the cabins you want!

Geeezzzzzzz!

They don't grow on trees - especially in the UK: your average MacDonalds server would be better at booking a vacation than most "high street" travel agents here. As for finding a good one, I have no idea.... :(

Boo

I put in the specific cabin and voila, it was still available just not coming up in their offering of 3. :( thanks to these boards I got the bigger balcony :)

Ah, that is interesting.... :)

Yes, have been having the "these are celebrity's best 3 cabins" or "these are celebrity's best 7 cabins" to choose from, when I go through a dummy booking...

Boo

I phone Celebrity and ask if it's available. It's also an opportunity to get their pricing on the cruise that I'm interested in. (although the price is on-line, it shows up in Cdn $ for me. By phone I can get a U.S. price from them...always lower because of the high exchange rate they use to convert to Cdn $).

you can type in a specific cabin number (there's a small box - upper left corner) and if available, it will show up.

Yes, as thomasale also said, this seems like the best way of doing it: hadn't thought of it, so appreciate both of you suggesting it - seems to be the easiest way of doing things :)

Thanks, :)

Boo

Boo Boo,

You really do need a good TA. When we book with ours for our Celebrity cruise, she is able to bring up on the booking system every cabin available. She has always got us a better price than any online system as well.

Boo Boo,

You really do need a good TA. When we book with ours for our Celebrity cruise, she is able to bring up on the booking system every cabin available. She has always got us a better price than any online system as well.

Agree with you there... shame that these boards don't allow recommendations... AND there isn't any way of sending private messages either :(

Still I just got a quote from one UK agent which appears to be £500 less for a Sky Suite (although none less for a CC cabin), than the online prices, for the cruise I am looking at...

Archived