Port of Miami wedding

Kimmy

I'm getting married in May on the Triumph the first day of the cruise, so salon services aren't available. Does anyone have suggestions as far as where to get my hair done and/or where I might find a hotel with a salon in it? I need to be on the boat by 10:30 a.m. and I also want to get pictures taken on the beach before this time. I heard the closest beach is almost 20 miles from the port area. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!!

I'm not to sure about where to get your hair done...but South Beach is about 10 minutes (I think it's 5 or 6 miles) from the port. You would be able to get really good water shots (the waves like to curl here, especially with the morning winds coming in) or turn around and get shots in front of the art deco district (for a more cosmopolitan look). I know there are a ton of hotels along the beach (and if you go north on Ocean Drive, you run into the big name hotels, like Holiday Inn, Marriot, etc...one might have a salon in them. I'm not sure, but it a quick google search might let you know)

hi,

We just married on the explorer of the seas on Jan 15, 2006 and we went to the marriot biscayne here is the link.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MIABB

They did an amazing job of our hair and makeup we were very happy.

This is where royal romance (the wedding experience) sent the other bride getting married on our ship. (I found it myself.)

Hope that helps.

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. I'm still debating on hotels in Miami because we have some that really want a beach-front hotel. I'm just having a hard time finding a salon that opens earlier than 10. I know it will work out, but it sure gets stressful trying to plan while in school and working.

:)

We were married onboard a Carnival cruise in Miami and Carnival arranged for all of us (myself and four bridesmaides) to have our hair done that morning at the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel, even though we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It was a 5 minute cab ride away. The salon opened at 8 a.m. to accommodate us. We were all done by about 9:30 a.m.

Archived