Port Everglades to MIA airport after cruise using Lyft was great

T-2

I tried to find info on ride share prices for this route as we had rented a car and started in Orlando precruise, but turned it in before sailing and just needed the ride to MIA post cruise.  MIA  had a non stop flight back whereas FLL did not.  I knew the 'anticipated' taxi rates but with 4 of us and the high demand for the larger taxis, I was really hoping to just do the ride share.  Just did it last Sat and it was flawless.  We were out of Terminal 18 but they might all have signage, we exited and went right to the ride share pickup sign (next to taxis).  Our driver was there in 3 min, I don't know the price for a standard size car since we did the XL (with 4 people and a lot of luggage) but ours was $83.67, for a standard vehicle it would be a lot less.  This was probably also surge pricing as we were off right in the thick of things.  Very quick ride, just over 30 min, I do know the driver had a toll charge but that was factored in.  Just in case this helps anyone else with quite a few passengers trying to look at their options.  We also rode Lyft from the airport to the Bayside Marketplace and back, it was about $17 ec way, nice break from sitting around the airport.  We did see quite a few people there wheeling their luggage around but that didn't look fun, we had done a day room at the airport so we were able to leave all our luggage there.  There are other options, just sharing what worked out for us and current pricing.

• Like 4

The cruise was great, I'm one of those who likes to plan, my only weak prep was the transfer from Port Everglades to MIA.  With 4 of us there was the ships transfer or taxis, I hadn't been able to find much about Uber or Lyft from the port, so I was happy to share in case others have bigger groups and are weighing their options.  Taxis are great if you are familiar with the area and know they are taking you direct.  We're from California so this was unfamiliar territory. 

I will add, for anyone trying to get to Terminal 18 and their were other cruise ship terminals close too- now that we've been there, there are quite a few close together...that we went with Alamo for our rental one way from Orlando and they are just minutes from the Terminal 18 on Eller and talk about efficiency.  As soon as we pulled in with our rental, before even processing it, they were asking which cruise ship we were headed for and told us which shuttle to head to, they had at least 6 large shuttles running and were filling them with passengers for each destination.  Rather than you boarding and riding around until your ship came up.  Incredible service.   I would definitely sail out of Port Everglades as a top choice again.

• Like 1

More good feedback - thanks!

BTW, the cab fare (same for SUV & minivan taxis as standard cabs) from Port Everglades to MIA would be about $75+ - basically the same as what you paid for UberXL (but I bet your car was cleaner and the driver was polite!).

• Like 1

It was more peace of mind, a set price, paying through the app, tipping in cash in appreciation as he was fantastic.  And just knowing we were not being driven into a longer or busier route in case that might have changed the cab fare.  I just had not seen any recent info on whether they were allowed to do pickups at the port.  Had already seen that private shuttle services were not interested in going from Port Everglades to MIA, and hoping that this helps others.  thank you for your kind words, I love giving back to the boards as we have benefited so much from what others have posted.  Happy travels always :0)  

He's absolutely right, you don't want to call until your to the exit, we only waited 3 min ourselves and some who had called too early, their cars were being waved through by security because the passengers were no where in sight.  The drivers probably had to make another loop.  Its incredibly well run and efficient.  At least I saw a lot of Lyft and Uber decals on the cars picking up passengers.