Questions from a first time cruiser!

dannjenn

Hello everyone, my name is Dan and I recently booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas, room 9682 deck 9. I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions for me. (I have already had at least 50 or so questions answered just by looking at past boards.)

1. Are the cabins in the Aft really up to 50% bigger and Is my cabin cosidered an Aft cabin??

2. I am a pateint person, BUT I really dont wanna be waiting in extremly long lines EVERYWHERE i go. Is this too much to ask for?

3. I know that none has been on Freedom of the Seas BUT should the rooms they show when I pull up a picture of the room im staying in accurate?

4. Does anyone know where i can find some fresh info on freedom of the seas. It's driving me crazy haha.

surely more question to come soon.....thank you all.....dan

1. No. The cabins directly facing aft aren't larger (except for a specific couple on a few ships). What people are discussing is that the cabins facing directly aft (back) have balconies that are usually much larger than the standard balconies. I have no idea if your cabin is an aft. Look on the Freedom deck plans. If your cabin is along the back of the ship (NOT the back side, but on the actual back), then it is what people are talking about. If it's not one of the ones along the very back, then no it isn't--although it could be called "aft" if it's on the aft part of the side of the ship. Those balconies are "regular" size.

2. Hard to say. It's going to be a huge ship with some new features that are likely to draw crowds. We haven't found the Voyager class to feel crowded even when sailing at capacity. And there will be lines, probably not everywhere, but you can't avoid them entirely.

3. If you read the small print, pretty much every website (and the RCI brochures) say something like "the pictures are representative; your cabin layout and decor may vary" or words to that effect. The photos will give you an idea of what to expect. After Freedom has been cruising for a bit, there will probably be pix of various actual cabins posted on one of the personal phot websites.

4. Just keep checking on RCI and here and other cruise sites. You can also do a web search from time to time.

You're on the right track doing your homework, keep at it.

beachchick

Hello everyone, my name is Dan and I recently booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas,

Congratulations! When are you sailing on her?

1. Are the cabins in the Aft really up to 50% bigger and Is my cabin cosidered an Aft cabin??

Your cabin is in the aft part of the ship, but is not an "aft" cabin like people discuss here. If you look at the deck plans, those would be the cabins on the very bottom of the picture. Those grey lines indicate the balconies, and you can see they are quite a bit bigger on the back than on the sides.

2. I am a pateint person, BUT I really dont wanna be waiting in extremly long lines EVERYWHERE i go. Is this too much to ask for?

Ship design keeps getting better and better. Of course, we won't know until people are actually onboard the ship cruising, but I don't imagine you will have too many lines.

3. I know that none has been on Freedom of the Seas BUT should the rooms they show when I pull up a picture of the room im staying in accurate?

Those aren't pictures of actual Freedom cabins (I can't imagine they are fully appointed yet.) One key difference will be that you won't have the clunky TV represented in the pics....all rooms have flat screens! :)

4. Does anyone know where i can find some fresh info on freedom of the seas. It's driving me crazy haha.

Nothing very fresh, but have you visited www.freedomoftheseas.com ?

Have fun planning! I know I am!

Tracy

Honestly in the Voyager Class Ships (closest thing we have right now) I never once experienced long lines. Most of them were painless. That said, you are 3000 people on a boat. You are going to have lines. Check in and debarkation especially. Bring a book and settle in or chat up your fellow passengers and make friends. It's not horrifically painful and can be fun.

Archived