Confused with Orville Rates in Ochos Rios

2boyzmom

I received an e-mail back from Orville stating private van is $20pp plus $12 for each child plus admissions to Dunns River and tubing. Sounds like alot for 6 of us for four hour tour (over $100 for 4 aDULTS AND 2 KIDS) Is this the correct price??

How far is the tubing from the pier? Is there a way to get "safe" transportation without going on a "tour?" We are in the same position, traveling with our kids. They won't be very interested in a tour and I really just want to do the falls and tubing. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Stick with a tour. Ocho Rios has some shady areas and people. If you're not familar with the area, stick with someone who is such as a tour operator. you can save money on some of the other ports by doing it yourself, but Jamaca is not one I'd recommend going it alone on.

If you really just want to do it alone, then the only thing I'd recommend is getting a government approved cab to Dune's Falls and then get a cab back. Just make sure it has a government approved taxi license plate. I think the water tubing would be difficult to arrange on your own.

Frankly I think the rates you quoted are the going rates and quite reasonable for the 4 hour tour. You are not in the bus whole 4 hours, part of the time you are at the falls or tubing so its broken up.

Archived