Jewel of the Seas and Blow-up item...

trishalee

Okay, I've found a blow-up palm tree for our balcony on the Jewel in April. (had a blow-up parrot on the Liberty in January, but he was burried at sea when the window washers punctured him and he expired) DH loves these things. We are going to be in Cabin 9078 with the huge balcony. Who can tell me about this ship? Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I've seen remarks about the food on this ship being not very good. Appreciate any info you guys may have.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your parrot! How did you get him to stay on your balcony before his untimely demise? Did you hang him from somewhere or was he tall enough to be seen over the railing? I've ordered a palm tree for our first cruise, but it's not until next year on a different ship, so, sorry I can't answering your ship questions. Dh is going to think I'm nuts. :rolleyes:

The Jewel is an absolutely beautiful ship, we loved it so much we are on her again this year. I cannot comment on the balcony, as we had one on the hump (9586) so I do not know how big the balcony on 9078 is.

As far as the food, you will hear many many people and their comments. My comments----the food was very good. We never had one complaint and there were 10 of us at our table. Everyone has different expectations, don't rely on them, you can make your own decision when you go.

Have a great trip

MomeeToEm - The parrot was mounted through the wonders of duct tape! He sat on our balcony rail last March on the Radiance and made it all the way home. It's fun to be able to tell which balcony is yours when you're off the ship. He served us well, but the palm tree will be great too.:D

9078, I stayed in this cabin on Brilliance and we have it booked agian in April, great balcony, we had 2 chairs and 2 loungers. The location is very convienent to the elevators but no noise, you will love it!

I can't give you any help about the Jewel as I haven't sailed that ship yet. It's the other part of your post that has me smiling as I remember something from one of my cruises.

While waiting to sail away, I was on the balcony looking at the city. On a rotating basis, different officers on the bridge, including the Capt. kept looking towards my balcony. I thought what a friendly bunch of guys!!

Later I learned that on the balcony next to mine was a blow-up doll with a blonde wig wearing a bikini! :eek:

That evening I met the Captain and was telling him about my nieghbor. When he found out I was alone in my stateroom, he had the occupant checked out. Turned out they were just a fun couple that liked to bring crazy things onboard to make people laugh. :D

"Madonna" did start shrinking one day, she had developed a pin hole size leak. My clear nail polish with fibers in it was able to save her. I'd recommend taking some along for your tree!! :D

And I thought it was going to be about the oft debated "blow up pool on my balcony" thing!

Not a bad idea. Think I will bring one of those too. Do you think my stateroom attendant will keep it filled for me, like my ice bucket?:D :D :D

MomeeToEm - The parrot was mounted through the wonders of duct tape! He sat on our balcony rail last March on the Radiance and made it all the way home. It's fun to be able to tell which balcony is yours when you're off the ship. He served us well, but the palm tree will be great too.:D

Ahhh, the infamous duct tape. I should have known. ;)

I have found party inflatables and other things at shindigz.com. I am ordering St. Patrick's day beads and will hand them out to all my new drinking friends on our upcoming cruise on the Mariner. They have fun stuff and a good selection. They even have bon voyage decorations for your cabin or door.

Buy Airplane on DVD and you get a coupon to send in for the blowup co-pilot from the movie :D Imagine the looks you would get carring him on the plane!! BonVoyage

Dawna

Hopefully they have relocated the inflation point from where it was in the movie. :)

Dave

Archived