Joy's Adventure Excursion vs. Cosol

maverick11

Has anyone done the Joy's Adventure Excursion in St. Lucia? We have booked one with Cosol based on reviews here, but I've been seeing some reviews on a Facebook site saying that the Cosol bus tour is just a lot of time on the bus on winding roads, and Joy's is better because it is on a boat.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with either to share?

• 1 month later...

We ‘accidentally’ ended up with this tour on our cruise in 2014. It was the best mixup we could ever have!

We had booked Son of Man tours for our day in St Lucia. The day came and we got off the ship and could not find anyone who could help us. We asked and asked locals and eventually a guy told us to follow him and we went down to the docks and they called someone (I’m presuming Son of Man) but finally told us we were going with them.

Our boat driver was Mango and he was fantastic. We did stop and pick up 4 or 5 other couples at one of the beach resorts.

We toured the coast line and finally made it to the other side where we got on crappy vans to see the mud baths, the overlook and some waterfalls.

A larger boat picked us up later and we went to a private beach and had a great lunch. I can’t remember if we snorkeled at the Pitons before or after lunch.

Our return trip was on another small boat and they gave us drinks.

my 2 girls were the only kids on the excursion so they really looked after us.

it was a family run business at the time and everyone was related somehow.

i really enjoyed it and would book them again. It was bizarre to be picked up by a tour we had no knowledge of (I’m a rabid planner of those things) but have to say it was a great experience.