Claiming TRS Refund at OPT Sydney

Koz1

Has anyone claimed a GST refund with the Tourist Refund Scheme at the Sydney OPT?

We'll be on the Celebrity Solstice in a few weeks and have something I purchased that I can claim a refund of the GST under the TRS.      According the the Border Force website  https://www.abf.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/tourist-refund-scheme/for-travellers   under "At Seaports":  "You can make a claim between one and four hours before your ship’s scheduled departure time."     Our ship is scheduled to depart at 6.45pm so according to that statement we could only make the claim between 2.45pm and 5.45pm. We are usually on board well before then and I would expect that most passengers would be on board well before 5.45pm.   Has anyone noticed if claims can be made earlier than 4 hours before a ship departure?   I've seen signs in the terminal stating that passengers are not allowed to leave the ship once they have boarded so I wouldn't expect that I would be allowed to go back out to the TRS desk once I have boarded.   

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

19 minutes ago, Koz1 said:

Has anyone claimed a GST refund with the Tourist Refund Scheme at the Sydney OPT?

We'll be on the Celebrity Solstice in a few weeks and have something I purchased that I can claim a refund of the GST under the TRS.      According the the Border Force website  https://www.abf.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/tourist-refund-scheme/for-travellers   under "At Seaports":  "You can make a claim between one and four hours before your ship’s scheduled departure time."     Our ship is scheduled to depart at 6.45pm so according to that statement we could only make the claim between 2.45pm and 5.45pm. We are usually on board well before then and I would expect that most passengers would be on board well before 5.45pm.   Has anyone noticed if claims can be made earlier than 4 hours before a ship departure?   I've seen signs in the terminal stating that passengers are not allowed to leave the ship once they have boarded so I wouldn't expect that I would be allowed to go back out to the TRS desk once I have boarded.   

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

The TRS desk, which is just on your left after you clear ABF, opens when check in/ embark commences.