Passenger Emergency Contact

Equijen

What is the best way to be contacted in the event of an emergency once we're on the ship? I see that we were assigned an email address for the ship, but if we don't actually go check our email how can we be contacted?

What is the best way to be contacted in the event of an emergency once we're on the ship? I see that we were assigned an email address for the ship, but if we don't actually go check our email how can we be contacted?

The price is quite high but you can be reached by phone.....

NCL guests can also be contacted on one of our ships by calling 1.888.NCSHIPS (1.888.627.4477) from USA. For the rest of the world please dial 1.732.335.3280. When guests are contacted with the ship via satellite, they can be reached directly, if they are in their stateroom. If not, a message about the incoming call will be delivered to their cabin and then they can call back* the shore via satellite. Click here to for NCL Ship Telephone & Fax Numbers."

*Please use the American Express, MasterCard and Discover card, only

Is is possible to check your regular email from the ship? Is the only purpose of the ship email to provide those that do not have any email address accessability?

Is is possible to check your regular email from the ship? Is the only purpose of the ship email to provide those that do not have any email address accessability?

It is possible to check your regular email address from the ship, I do. They charge you $3.95 per transmission to use their email address. Prices for checking your own email......

Terminal usage time

$0.75 per minute

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

In a true emergency, the party ashore can contact the American Red Cross who will send a TELEX to the ship and the ship 'should' deliver this TELEX w/out change. The receiving party is simply told the nature of the emergency and 'please contact'. They then estalish contact as they see fit.

This service is provided for merchant and government vessels and I have been the recipient of these msgs many times for my crew. In my experience ARC followed up, requesting a delivery confirmation.

I don't know of anyone that's actually used this on a cruise ship but the proceedure most certainly does exist. All ocean vesels have this capability in some form - it is an international requirement for ocean going commercial/merchant vessels.

in addition to the posted phone number I have always found that anyone could email me at the email address they give me for the ship and the message is delivered to my cabin and I have never been charged for Incoming emails to that address. I do not as a rule sign up for or use the computers on board.

Your family can call NCL and tell them what ship you are on, they will contact the ship who will, in turn, get the message to you and make any calls back for you at no charge. Unfortunately, I found this out first hand when we were interrupted on the third day of our cruise with a sudden death in the family. NCL was most kind and helpful in returning calls for us to the United States and helping with any and all travel arrangments back. There was a very short time between the message from NCL to the ship and the time they contacted me. Hopefully you won't need to use any of these services. Happy sailing!

Archived