Key West Trolley/Train tour

mickeymotto

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't think so... but, it came highly recommended. Maybe it's a matter of expectation. We took the train - $100 for 4. Lasts about 1 1/2 hours. We ditched the last half hour to take in the Mallory Square celebration. We thought the free sunset and entertainers were better. We did get an excellent trip through Key West, saw the Southern Most Point, beautiful victorian homes, Hemingway's home etc. You only drive by, no stopping. Your driver narrates, giving you the history of Key West. If you want to stop and see things, take the trolley. You will be able to get on and off, trolleys come by every 30 min. Remember that if you take the trolley, there are additional fees everywhere you stop (i.e. Hemingways House). We didn't have time to take the trolley, our ship arrived at 3pm. Everything starts closing down between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. Except bars, shops and restraunts. If we ever go back, we thought we would have liked the Mel Fisher Museum better. And of course we would love a piece of frozen Key Lime Pie dipped in chocolate from the Blonde Giraffe.

The Old Town Trolley, IMO, is MUCH better. They let you off at each stop, still give you LOADS of information, and you go at your leisure. I like the trolley because you can choose to get off and explore the area on your own, and get back on the next trolly when you want.

(http://shophta.com/acb/stores/15/pro...uct_ID=13&kc=y)

The Old Town Trolley, IMO, is MUCH better. They let you off at each stop, still give you LOADS of information, and you go at your leisure. I like the trolley because you can choose to get off and explore the area on your own, and get back on the next trolly when you want.

(http://shophta.com/acb/stores/15/pro...uct_ID=13&kc=y)

Thats what I was thinking too. We would be able to stop and see the things we want to do and catch up on the tour when we get back on.

Just back from the Imagination. We didn't know there was a free shuttle to town, so we took the tour from the ship. Just a tour, no stopping. Had I know, we would have taken the free shuttle on the dock to town and then boarded the Old Town Trolley, being able to get on and off as we like. We were traveling with my 78 year old mother, so the tour was good for her.

Archived