Will we have enough time to tender in? Question for those who have done two consecutive days in Cabo

prescea

We will be on the January 12th sailing of the Carnival Miracle with two days in Cabo. For our second day, we are scheduled in port from 7:00 to 4:00. I booked myself and my 4-year-old on the Buccaneer Queen whale watching experience, which has check-in at 8:30 and sails at 9:00. I did not realize that Cabo was an hour ahead, so while I thought I had an 1 1/2 to get there, now I only have 30 minutes. Does anyone have personal experience with this and know how quickly we would be able to tender in on the second day? I am wondering if it might actually begin earlier since we will already, technically, be in Cabo. This is the only time the experience is offered and I am already limited on what I can do with a 4-year-old. 

Probably not the best "whale watching" group to go with. Not bad - but not the best in MY opinion. But definitely cool for your 4 year old. Our personal preference is Pez Gato but that's just us. Don't the ships usually stick with the current local time in port. That's been my experience. The tender ride might be 10-15 min max. Then maybe another 5-10 min walk to whichever dock is tied up to. Another option/consideration might be the Cabo submarine. But definitely the whale watching would be first choice.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g152515-d2173048-Reviews-Yellow_Submarine_Boat_Tour-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

We took our 18 month old grandson on it about 7 years ago. He seemed to enjoy it. Only part of the trip is spent below deck (aka under water). Below decks it is best to sit on the starboard side (right side) as that is where they will feed the fish from (to attract them to the boat).

We did that very one with the same time for tender (though only on one day). We had a blast. It was a great time. Would highly recommend especially with a 4 year old. They do local time at least when we went (on Norwegian last March). You’ll need to get on an early tender (we got tickets the day before), and the pirate ship is located on the other side of the harbor, so take a water taxi (right next to where the tender goes on shore. We make the mistake of a half-hour wall the long way. One nice thing is the breakfast is very delicious, so you save time getting ready in the morning. And I thought the whale watching part was just as good as other excursions that went out. You should have enough time (we got there right at 8:30, but would have been fine at 8:45 except for frayed nerves) and it was the highlight of our cruise. The one thing I couldn’t tell you is how the 2 day affects the tender (less people early?, idk), but if you are on an early tender and take a water taxi you should be just fine.