We are just back from the Regal Princess Eastern Caribbean. Quick report.

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

Hello!  I am just back from the Regal Princess, and we had a really great time!   I thought I would give a quick report of the great, the good, and the not so good.  I will give it a try.  So,  here goes.

We simply walked on the ship with our medallions.  It was incredible!  Then went quickly up to the Sanctuary to get some nice loungers.  The people just in front of us picked out the ones I would have wanted, but in the end, that turned out to be a really good thing!  Wow, I loved having the Sanctuary on sea days.   We also paid to book the afternoon of embarkation.  We thought we would relax and then toast sailaway with a nice drink.  But, that didn't work out.  I do think that they need better and nicer bartenders at the bar up there.  So, booking that afternoon was not such a good thing.

Okay, I had heard about the new beds...  Update...  No new beds on most of the ship.  I heard from one person that there are new mattresses on the upper decks.  But, we definitely did not have one on our lower deck.  That old mattress was not too awfully bad.  We had the pad, and then put our comforter under the sheets and requested a blanket to sleep under.  So, that helped.  I was so happy to be back in my own bed!!!

The entertainment, with the exception of the Piano  Player in Crooners was SO GOOD!!!!    Bravo was so good.  I was happy to see that just for the one young lady dancer who did the main solo in the one like ballet or alternative dance.  She was simply amazing.  Perfection and beauty in motion.   The highlights were definitely the Beatlemaniacs and the Rock music show put on by the Princess musicians.  The Beatlemaniacs were maybe a new younger group.  And, they were just so beyond awesome!!!  Incredible.  And, for anybody on the Regal who might like it, do get there early and catch the Rock show.  I won't spoil the last number,  but this was really really great.  Brought down the house with the whooping and clapping and whistling!  I might try to post a short clip, with the title...   "QUEEN on the Regal Princess, or This ship ROCKS!!!"

The food was really good for the most part.  I was worried about the food and the new menus.  But, the food was well prepared.  I didn't like much of the new menus, but it was good!  I would avoid doing the lobster if you go to Crown Grill.  Def. skip that and save the money.  We did the filet which was very good!  We had really really great lobster at Sandy's on St. Maarten.  

We joined the ships tour to Trunk Bay over on St. John.  Even though we had planned to leave early and go on our own,  This was much easier and more convenient.  We only had a short time at the end of the afternoon there.  But, the excursion was fantastic!   So gorgeous!  We had planned to go to Anguilla from St. Maarten, but that was not going to happen.  I was so disappointed!  We arrived at the Gangway just as that morning storm hit.  the dock between the two ships there was like a wind tunnel.  They actually shut down the gangway for a while!!!  So no way could we meet our tour and make the ferry to Anguilla.  We did join a Circle Island Tour and saw everything from Orient Bay Beach.  Which was just so gorgeous, even with the misty rain and super high surf!  And, Maho Bay.  Wow, that was intense.  There must have been hundreds if not thousands of people there.  The sun was out.  The music was blasting, and the airplanes were coming in.  That was a real experience!

Now, I want to mention this for anyone cruising here soon.  Princess had cancelled their excursions at St. Maarten that morning, because of the passing storm.  But, I wonder if they also cancelled some excursions because there were some kind of protests and demonstrations on the Island.  Our tour company, Noel Tours, may have known about this, and we didn't see anything major.  But did sit for a while on the main two-lane road over on the French side as a small group had blocked the road.  Thank goodness it didn't affect us too much.  I guess a cruise is a big adventure!  But, this kind of thing is one reason why it might be good to stick with the Princess Excursions instead of going out on your own tour.

Onboard, I kind of hated to see examples of rude travelers.  There were several.  But, there was actually one time at the show in the Piazza that almost became an incident.  And, there were the couple in the Sanctuary who had the front row, and had to turn their chairs around where they were like facing and seeing the people just right behind them.  Those people had to see these passengers, and their feet propped up right in front of them, instead of the back of the nice lounger and that amazing view.  Sad to see this kind of thing.  

Anyway, we had such a fun and amazing time!  It was a great cruise!  It will take me a few days to rest up and get back to normal!!!

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea
  • Thanks 1