Opinions about QM2 P1 Location?

sfvoyager

We were in 10014 last year. You will be nearer midships so probably less movement if the ship pitches. You should also be close to the lifts (elevators) but to get to the Princess Grill don't bother with them. Just walk down the stairs and miss going through the hurly burly of Kings Court.

Enjoy your trip - you will love it.

Thank you both. I am glad to hear the location seems OK.

Another incentive to use the stairs, besides avoiding the high school cafeteria, will be this will probably be the most strenous exercise I intend to engage in besides lifting my dining utensils!

Thank you Castlewood,

I viewed the deck plan on cunard.com, and based on your description of 10042, it looks like it will be a very pleasant experience indeed.

I also appreciate your response about the configuration of beds.

You're welcome, SFV. You'll have a great trip. I think it's a prime location, and the Princess-level cabins are really the perfect size for two people. And the restaurant is superb, great atmosphere, excellent service, and truly sublime food.

Also, the steward will make up the bed anyway you want it. My wife and I prefer sheets and blankets to the just-comforter arrangement that was there when we boarded. We requested that the bed be re-done, and the steward did so cheerfully, and made up the bed the way we liked it each day the rest of the trip. My wife also availed herself of the "pillow conceirge" service, which was handled beautifully.

Archived