Circle Savings Accounts

Therese S.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between Cruise Credits and Onboard Credits in your circle savings accounts. I have a situation with our circle savings account that I hope does not turn into a problem.

Back in Nov, we received a promotional coupon that stated if we booked our cruise within a set time frame we would receive $200 in onboard credits based upon length of cruise and category selected. This coupon was enough to make up our minds to go ahead and book our trip. So, we booked a balcony BA category on the Island Princess for Oct 06. So this booking qualified us for the $200 promotional credits.

We also should receive another $200 ob credit for a booking made on board Regal Princess in 2004. Our TA is also giving us $100 per cabin ob credit. So we should have total $500 onboard credit for our Hawaii cruise in Oct 06.

Our TA has assurred us we will receive the $500 ob credit and it is noted on our booking confirmation. My concern is that it is not posted/showing in our circle savings account.

Our circle savings accounts currently show husband's account as $100 cruise credits, $100 ob credits and my account shows $100 cruise credits.

Is there a difference between cruise credits and onboard credits?

According to the princess website, cruise credits are to be used against the fare you paid and they may not be used for on board services or shore excursions. Onboard credits are to be used onboard for services, shore excursions, etc. Based upon these explanations, it looks like we only have $100 right now to spend onboard, not $500. My TA said she has never heard there is a difference betweeen these two types of credits and has never had a problem with other bookings.

Our TA told us, per princess, that we will not see the additonal $200 ob credit in our accounts because it was a special promotion and that as long as it is noted on our booking confirmation we would be okay.

Is it possible that onboard credits do not show up in your account until final payment is made? I'm so confused about this situation, and not sure if I really have a problem and should contact princess regarding our accounts.

Have others had problems with their circle savings accounts not reflecting the correct amount of onboard credits? How did you get it fixed?

Since my booking confirmation does state we have $200 per person onboard credit from princess and $50 per person onboard credit from our TA for a total of $500, should I not worry no matter what our circle savings account shows?

Thankfully if I do have a problem I have plenty of time to get get fixed.

Please help me out, thank you.

Our account on the Princess website never shows the correct amount we are given when we add the TA's onboard cruise credit. Only thing it shows for us is the amount given by the cruise line for our booking while onboard.

We had $800 in credits for one cruise, but it did not show up until we boarded the ship.

Hope that eases your mind a bit!

Have your TA send you a copy of the fax that Princess sends them. On the right hand side near the bottom, it should have total shipboard credits for your booking. I always take a copy of this in case there is a problem.

This sounds very similar to a Promo I received. Our Promo gave directions to complete the registration on line, but it wouldn't let me. When I called Princess, they said they were having problems with the registering of this Promo, but assured me we had $200.00 on board credit for our 3/19 Star sailing.

As a precation, I'll bring a copy of the promo and Booking Summary from my TA. I don't anticipate any problems, but at least I'll know I can relax and start spending it right away!;)

We also got that promo, faxed to TA, and called Princess to make sure we would get the additional OBC. Our TA receipt now shows our accumulation of $550 OBC. Our Circle Account isn't even close. It wasn't correct before our December cruise and we had all the OBC we expected without problems when we boarded.

Use caution here. When your cruise documents arrive it will state what you will have available to spend on each persons ticket. If your T/A is adding another gift credit that will be in your cabin. Getting onboard with out the proper credit usually means you wont get it that voyage if at all. Contact Princess and get their take, then call your T/A for a final decision you can live with. I been there and dont that, no fun when its not right. Good luck.

Have your TA send you a copy of the fax that Princess sends them. On the right hand side near the bottom, it should have total shipboard credits for your booking. I always take a copy of this in case there is a problem.

donna5 - Is the fax your TA receives from princess the booking confirmation? The booking confirmation I have lists $500 obc in the far right column and looks like it is from princess.

Use caution here. When your cruise documents arrive it will state what you will have available to spend on each persons ticket. If your T/A is adding another gift credit that will be in your cabin. Getting onboard with out the proper credit usually means you wont get it that voyage if at all. Contact Princess and get their take, then call your T/A for a final decision you can live with. I been there and dont that, no fun when its not right. Good luck.

I hope since my booking confirmation lists the correct amount of obc everything is ok. Just to ease my mind, I may call princess. I thought if you were working with a TA you were suppose to go through them. Will princess help with these type of questions if you didn't book directly with them?

This sounds very similar to a Promo I received. Our Promo gave directions to complete the registration on line, but it wouldn't let me. When I called Princess, they said they were having problems with the registering of this Promo, but assured me we had $200.00 on board credit for our 3/19 Star sailing.

As a precation, I'll bring a copy of the promo and Booking Summary from my TA. I don't anticipate any problems, but at least I'll know I can relax and start spending it right away!;)

Probably is the same promotion, I remember reading many posts about a special promotion a few months back. I hope all your credits are waitng for you on board the Star Princess and have fun spending them. Please let me know upon your return if you had any problems.

Looks like many circle savings accounts do not reflect the correct on board credits. Wonder why this is? I may just have to stop looking at my account every few days so I can stop thinking about this. Thank you for all the help, I feel better that others accounts were wrong, but the correct amount of obc was available once you got on board. I will take make sure I take my booking confirmation, study my tickets when they arrive and bring the original promotion with me, that ought to cover it if I do have problems. Now if the days til October would just cruise on by as fast as possible.

Looks like many circle savings accounts do not reflect the correct on board credits. Wonder why this is? I may just have to stop looking at my account every few days so I can stop thinking about this. Thank you for all the help, I feel better that others accounts were wrong, but the correct amount of obc was available once you got on board. I will take make sure I take my booking confirmation, study my tickets when they arrive and bring the original promotion with me, that ought to cover it if I do have problems. Now if the days til October would just cruise on by as fast as possible.

your circle savings accounts will only show cruise credits and onboard credits from future cruise credit purchases and referral credits. That is why it is a good idea to take the confirmation form with you, it will have all credits you are to receive on it. I also print our a copy of my circle savings account, everytime there is a change.

Archived