Tickets finally received for first Asia cruise! Feb 25 on the Sky!

saraheg77

That's right. If you don't go overboard (pardon the pun!) you'll almost be able to pay for your next cruise. Unfortunately, with 5 of us, I can't say the same.

Karen

I do feel bad for you, having to wait so long between cruises :). If you don't mind me asking, how old are your children?

It would be nice to come back with a little in reserve to at least pay half of my next cruise, I'd like to do something from the States, maybe Carribean or Mexico.

Trevor

Of course I don't mind you asking. Alex is 15, Sally is 11 & Christopher will be 10 on the 17th of this month. They're good kids, well behaved. When we went to see hubby (& dad) in hospital yesterday afternoon, because he wasn't in a ward (they were waiting for a bed) he shouldn't really have had visitors. I went in & asked if the kids could come & see him and the nurse (a bit shocked that there were 3 of them) asked if they were well behaved. Jim (hubby) said that they were very well behaved. We were in there for 3 hours and not once did I have to tell them to be quiet or behave. They were perfect. Believe me, they're not like that all the time but they are at the right time. Even at home, sure they have their fights like all siblings do but they're pretty good. They'd better behave while we're on the cruise or they'll be in BIG trouble.

Karen

Of course I don't mind you asking. Alex is 15, Sally is 11 & Christopher will be 10 on the 17th of this month. They're good kids, well behaved. When we went to see hubby (& dad) in hospital yesterday afternoon, because he wasn't in a ward (they were waiting for a bed) he shouldn't really have had visitors. I went in & asked if the kids could come & see him and the nurse (a bit shocked that there were 3 of them) asked if they were well behaved. Jim (hubby) said that they were very well behaved. We were in there for 3 hours and not once did I have to tell them to be quiet or behave. They were perfect. Believe me, they're not like that all the time but they are at the right time. Even at home, sure they have their fights like all siblings do but they're pretty good. They'd better behave while we're on the cruise or they'll be in BIG trouble.

Karen

Too young to move them out of the house yet so you can save a lot easier for more cruises :D ;)

It's good to hear that they behaved at the hospital, at least for hubby's sake. The way I see it, it's good parenting that creates good kids like that. Sounds like thay'll have a ball on the cruise. I don't think any kids are angels 100% of the time.

Trevor

Too young to move them out of the house yet so you can save a lot easier for more cruises :D ;)

It's good to hear that they behaved at the hospital, at least for hubby's sake. The way I see it, it's good parenting that creates good kids like that. Sounds like thay'll have a ball on the cruise. I don't think any kids are angels 100% of the time.

Trevor

Yes, a few more years yet before I can "ship 'em off" somewhere, or at least leave them at home while we go off somewhere. I agree about the good parenting thing. A lot of my friends think I'm too strict & old fashioned when it comes to the kids but hey, I'd rather have my kids behave & repsect me the way they do rather than the way their kids do. Most of my friends kids have no respect whatsoever for their parents whereas mine do. If my kids spoke to me the way they all do, they'd get "a clip 'round the earhole".

Karen

Yes, a few more years yet before I can "ship 'em off" somewhere, or at least leave them at home while we go off somewhere. I agree about the good parenting thing. A lot of my friends think I'm too strict & old fashioned when it comes to the kids but hey, I'd rather have my kids behave & repsect me the way they do rather than the way their kids do. Most of my friends kids have no respect whatsoever for their parents whereas mine do. If my kids spoke to me the way they all do, they'd get "a clip 'round the earhole".

Karen

Karen your kids sound wonderful. I've got 4 girls and oh boy they can argue but I always knew that when we went out they were always polite and well behaved. We now have an 18 and 16 yo at home (the other 2 have moved out) and everyone compliments them on their manners. It's a credit to any parent when their kids are respectful, polite and friendly.:)

Kerri

Archived