So if you were going to book an Apex S3.....

chill6x6

22 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Looking at cabins right now.  The Apex S3s are about $1500 less than the same cabin this past summer so now at least, somewhat reasonable. What's the current thinking on which one to book?  

Thanks!   

I was doing some research on these and finally booked one on Deck 9 for January 2021.  It looked to me like anything below Deck 11 would be good.  Deck 10 seemed to book out quickly.  I googled some images and noticed that Deck 11 and 12 cabins had minor obstructions due to the spiky things on the bottom of the Magic Carpet.  I didn't want to stare at that all the time when it's parked on deck 14.  Although, the S3s on Deck 12 are on the same deck as Luminae.

There are 4 cabins per deck with the two end ones with windows looking aft or forward depending on the location. and it appears that people on their balconies can see into your balcony through the little window.  Seems like it anyway.  Not sure if that bothers me but I liked the idea of being able to look aft or forward depending on which cabin I chose.  Here's hoping pictures are deceiving.

I'm looking forward to being in a suite on Apex.  And the price was definitely in my budget.....NRD though.  Refundable however was not in my budget.  

There are some reviews and some videos and lots of images of S3s on EDGE so happy researching.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, njaloha said:

I was doing some research on these and finally booked one on Deck 9 for January 2021.  It looked to me like anything below Deck 11 would be good.  Deck 10 seemed to book out quickly.  I googled some images and noticed that Deck 11 and 12 cabins had minor obstructions due to the spiky things on the bottom of the Magic Carpet.  I didn't want to stare at that all the time when it's parked on deck 14.  Although, the S3s on Deck 12 are on the same deck as Luminae.

There are 4 cabins per deck with the two end ones with windows looking aft or forward depending on the location. and it appears that people on their balconies can see into your balcony through the little window.  Seems like it anyway.  Not sure if that bothers me but I liked the idea of being able to look aft or forward depending on which cabin I chose.  Here's hoping pictures are deceiving.

I'm looking forward to being in a suite on Apex.  And the price was definitely in my budget.....NRD though.  Refundable however was not in my budget.  

There are some reviews and some videos and lots of images of S3s on EDGE so happy researching.

Thanks for the info!  That's about what I came up with.  Decks 8-10.  I believe the only way you can see all the way aft or forward is with one of the end cabins.  Then only the direction of the window.  I believe the two center cabins have the view forward or aft somewhat blocked by the orange beams of the MC though straight starboard is no issue.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I believe I'm going to go for one of the end cabins on deck 9 or 10.

Man I hate that NRD!