Mobile port, late check in, do I need to worry about not being enough parking at port?

tgms

We are trying Carnival for the 1st time and have a 1:30 check in.   We are staying on the MS gulf coast the night before so we will have a quick drive to Mobile.   Do we need to worry about the parking being hard to find that late in the day or can we get there a little before 1:00 and still easily find parking at the cruise port?   Will it be a problem or is it an easy port to park at?   Would you get their early and just wait at the port to check in in the early/late line?  Roll up at 1:00?  Thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 7:10 AM, tgms said:

We are trying Carnival for the 1st time and have a 1:30 check in.   We are staying on the MS gulf coast the night before so we will have a quick drive to Mobile.   Do we need to worry about the parking being hard to find that late in the day or can we get there a little before 1:00 and still easily find parking at the cruise port?   Will it be a problem or is it an easy port to park at?   Would you get their early and just wait at the port to check in in the early/late line?  Roll up at 1:00?  Thanks for any info, I appreciate it.

I personally wouldn't wait that late to get there, the parking garage isn't that big and they do have an overflow lot that is further away.  I live in Mobile, you can always get there and park and then walk around the downtown area.  There is a very nice park right next to the cruise terminal where you could wait as well if you couldn't get checked in that early. 

On 1/8/2020 at 6:30 PM, Mysticks1 said:

I personally wouldn't wait that late to get there, the parking garage isn't that big and they do have an overflow lot that is further away.  I live in Mobile, you can always get there and park and then walk around the downtown area.  There is a very nice park right next to the cruise terminal where you could wait as well if you couldn't get checked in that early. 

Thank you.  We just got back from the cruise.  We decided to go early and went close to 11:45... probably got unloaded and all to go up to the parking area about 12 (we were in a huge line to wait to drive up top to the parking section).   We got one of the very last slots on the tip top in the open area.  I'm glad we went early.  Thank you for the info on the park, I will remember that for next time---I had no idea about that.

Edited by tgms