The best ship

:D We have only been on one cruise and it was aboard Vision and we cruised the Mexican Riviera. The best part about it was for sure all the great people we met that we may not have crossed paths with on land. We celebarted our 5 year wedding Anniversary on that cruise (April 20, 2003 sailing) We enjoyed dinners with a large table group (highly recommended if your social... and if your not social, don't go on a cruise:) The staff was another highlight for us, blown away by how much they added to our experience. The thing that we enjoy most about the entire experience is being at sea, hence why we chose our cruise that sets sail on 3/5/06 aboard Rhapsody where we will be at sea 3 of the seven days. We are VERY excited! I just hope the weather is PERFECT:cool:

We've been on 14 RCI cruises and up until now, we enjoyed the Radiance the most. Just took our first Carnival on the Liberty last month, and for overall satisfaction it wasn't far behind and cost half as much! Going on The Jewel in April. I think you always remember your first as one of the best if not THE best and ours was the Song of America - I was sure we'd sink and was terrified but came off addicted. I bet you will be too!:D

We have been on 8 cruises and loved them all. We did the New England twice because we liked it so much. And I have to agree with Cappello I love being at sea. To me it does not matter what ship I am on. We will be on the Vision the week of Feb. 12 and are looking forward to that one. We were on the Vision in Sept. also. Happy cruising.

Jan

I've only been on two, but the second one was quite memorable. It was Celebrity's Meridian out of NYC to Bermuda. We sailed with our twin 7 month old boys so you can imagine what packing was like! They were great on the cruise and are looking forward to their next one next week! It was interesting to find out that a few years later the ship, which had been sold to an Asian cruise company, sank.

I've only been on two, but the second one was quite memorable. It was Celebrity's Meridian out of NYC to Bermuda. We sailed with our twin 7 month old boys so you can imagine what packing was like! They were great on the cruise and are looking forward to their next one next week! It was interesting to find out that a few years later the ship, which had been sold to an Asian cruise company, sank.

Bummer!

:D We have only been on one cruise and it was aboard Vision and we cruised the Mexican Riviera. The best part about it was for sure all the great people we met that we may not have crossed paths with on land. We celebarted our 5 year wedding Anniversary on that cruise (April 20, 2003 sailing) We enjoyed dinners with a large table group (highly recommended if your social... and if your not social, don't go on a cruise:) The staff was another highlight for us, blown away by how much they added to our experience. The thing that we enjoy most about the entire experience is being at sea, hence why we chose our cruise that sets sail on 3/5/06 aboard Rhapsody where we will be at sea 3 of the seven days. We are VERY excited! I just hope the weather is PERFECT:cool:

The Rhapsody is the virtual twin of the Vision so if you liked the Vision......;)

I was blown away (I am a small town girl so I get easily amazed) by the Carnival Fascination, so I think I am going to find Freedom absolutely phenomenal.

Wow, fascination to Freedom. One extreme to the other. You are gonna love it. We will be on her in Oct.

In 1980 we sailed on the Nordic Prince. There were four of us, wife, self and two teenage daughters. It was a perfect 14 day cruise. Everything was so great and over the years it has become even better in our memories. On the cruise we met the maitre d', Jean Paul. Since then we have cruised with him three more times, most recently on Brilliance, where he is now the food and beverage manager.

We have been on 4 RCI cruises, Song of America, Grandeur, Adventure and most recently (1-21-06) Serenade. I have to say I liked the Serenade the best, but hated the cabin location. We were in 1600 on deck 10 aft. 150 paces to the lobby!!! I wish there was a bank of elevators closer to the back of the ship.

I was blown away (I am a small town girl so I get easily amazed) by the Carnival Fascination, so I think I am going to find Freedom absolutely phenomenal.

I have been on the Fascination. Boy are you in for a real treat. Make sure that you grab your bottom jaw when you walk on the Freedom for the first time to keep it from hitting the floor!!!!:D

Hi!!

We have been on the Grandeur of the Seas in 2004, the Voyager in 2005 and this year we are going on the Explorer. I would personally choose the Grandeur over the Voyager. I loved the Grandeur's feeling of intimacy, the Voyager was too big in my estimation. We loved both ships for their service, crew, food, etc., I just enjoyed the smaller ship, but my husband and brother in law preferred the Voyager for all the sports activities they had to choose from like, basketball, mini putt, rollerblading, ice skating, that's why we are going on the Explorer this year, same sports are available on there. I am really trying to convince them to book the Grandeur for 2007 again, but I think it will be a tough time doing that!

But one thing is for sure, no matter which ship we are on it's a GREAT TIME!!

HAPPY CRUISING ALL :D

Comet Cruiser

Gail

Well, "best ship" and "best cruise" are really two different questions...

Best cruise I've ever done was a 13 night Venice to Barcelona on Celebrity Millennium...The ports are flat out incredible...Every one was a gem: Venice - Dubrovnik - Corfu - Santorini - Athens - Naples - Rome - Livorno - Nice - Barcelona... and the food and service were just incredible...the overall experience just can't be beat...

As to "best ship", it's any of the Celebrity "M-Class": Millennium, Summit, Constellation and Infinity...But "best ship" can be different for different people depending on what you want on a ship...If I was most interested in "amenities", especially sports or activity related or if I was thinking in terms of taking kids along, the answer might be the Royal Caribbean Voyager class...

For those of us beyond the age where rock climbing or ice skating is a thrill, I'm looking for something else...What the Celebrity M-Class have is the best space-to-passenger ratios with only 2,000 passengers on a 91,000 gross ton ship...Simply roomier, no crowds, no lines...You can get a good seat in the showroom right up to show time...everything just seems more spacious...

But, again, we all look for different things in a ship...or in a cruise, I guess...

We have been on 8 cruises and loved them all. We did the New England twice because we liked it so much. And I have to agree with Cappello I love being at sea. To me it does not matter what ship I am on. We will be on the Vision the week of Feb. 12 and are looking forward to that one. We were on the Vision in Sept. also. Happy cruising.

Jan

Let me know how every goes.thanks sarah

Archived