Edge and other tween activities — different on the different ships?

Missus_Aitch

For years my daughter was looking forward to turning 11 and graduating from the Oceaneers Club to Edge.  Then, on the Magic, she was disappointed to discover that Edge is just a room — not much going on at all.  Does anyone have experience with Edge on the larger ships or know if they have more tween-specific activities? We’re planning a cruise for next December but aren’t set on any specific ship or itinerary yet so could opt for the Dream/Fantasy if they have more to offer.  Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

The Edge on the Dream and Fantasy is definitely bigger and some activities are different.  For instance on the Fantasy there are specific times when the teens ride the Aquaduck.  Also Edge kids have times where they can "crash the Vibe" which is the teen area with their own pool. 

As an aside, I do know the Edge on the Magic and Wonder is small but my boys still had a blast in the Edge on the smaller ships.  

Thank you for replying to my ancient question!  We'll be on the Magic again in March.  I'm going to recommend DD definitely go to the mixer the first night and maybe meet some other kids.  For the December cruise I mentioned in my post, we've opted for a Royal Caribbean one -- giant ship with lots of built-in entertainment.  Hoping an on-board ice rink etc. will make up for the lack of Mickey and Minnie!

Definitely have her go to the ice breakers/mixers, that is really make or break if they will find some kids to hang out with and at this age that is important.   But you will love the Oasis class ships on Royal, it's a great choice.   We didn't find the kids clubs too frequented but there was plenty to do for my boys and they enjoyed it.   They did miss a dedicated movie theater and no classic movies by the pool, in my mind the one by the diving section doesn't really count, but there was so much more to make up for it.   I thought the shows were more interesting, they did a sushi making class and really enjoyed it, we did Habachi one night and I highly recommend it.  I also enjoy to shop and there was a lot more variety then on DCL.  Have fun!