upgrading

angpia

32 minutes ago, angpia said:

Curious if anyone has experience calling a few weeks out from cruise to see about upgrade?  Not sure if it will be worth it or if they entertain it?

thank you

Do you mean calling to ask if they will give you a free upgrade or calling to asking about paying for a higher category at a good price?

I was considering calling to offer to pay - but curious if at some point they might offer the open cabins at discount to open up the cheaper cabins hoping to fill?  Not sure how it all works 🙂

I found a better room at little additional cost by doing a mock booking online.  Then put a 24 hour hold while I confirmed with my DH then we called Carnival to have our booking moved over to the new room.  The lady on the phone was super nice, but didn't let us know that by doing this she completely canceled our prior booking then applied our $ to the new room.  This completely canceled our Carnival purchases/excursions and meant that we had to re-check-in.  Luckily I saw this the next day and was able to get all our preferences and purchases re-done.

I always call to check on price drops. Once, only once I got an upgrade to an aft balcony and some OBC to spend on the ship.  It does happen but not very often.  O have received OBC form price dro[s a bunch of times. 

if it is close to the sail date and they are not sold out you might get an upgrade to a better cabin and pay a bit more.