Dolphin Swim - Nassau- Do we have time?

aba555

--------------------------------------------------------------------------I posted this question in the Bahamas Port of Call forum, but no response yet, so I thought I might try here.

We are on the 7/1/06 sailing of the Navigator. We will only be in port in Nassau from 1-7p.m. Do we have time to do the dolphin swim? RCCI only lists the "Encounter" as an excursion. We have already done that. We would like to do the swim this time. Has anyone done the swim with this tight of a schedule? Does RCI offer the swim? If not, did you book the swim directly through Dolphin Encounters?

Thanks in advance!

We're doing the swim on our Explorer cruise next month. We're in port from 1-6pm. We booked directly through the company because RCI only does the encounter. The swim takes the same amount of time as the encounter and the boat to Blue Lagoon Island (or whatever it's called) takes both groups back and forth at the same time, so if there's time to do the encounter, there's time to do the swim. Of course, if we get left behind in Nassau because we don't make it back to the ship, I'll let you know in March!!!

Suzeyq,

Can you post the website for the Dolphin Swim? We are taking our daughter and her family on a 4-night Bahamas cruise on the Majesty and the children would love to do a swim with the dolphins.:) They are 7 and 9.

Thanks.

Marsha

We did the encounter in Sept. while there on the Navigator. I booked directly with the company as RCCL did not offer the "observer" option and my MIL did not want to do the encounter. It was also a bit cheaper for the encounter. You have to get a taxi over to their terminal, which is where they will load you onto a ferry and take you all to the island to do the swim. Schedule the 3:30 swim. When everyone is finished with the swims and encounters they will load two different ferry's, one for returning to their terminal and the other for the cruise ship. We all just jumped on the ferry going straight for the ship, with no questions asked. They don't ask for any proof or anything. So that worked out great for us.

Archived