Pride stateroom 8149

dixieva

Is this a noisy room?  Got an offer to upgrade from deck 5 standard balcony to this extended balcony.  Looks like it is below one of the pools and someone said the smoking area is in that area of deck  9 so might be smoky?

Thanks for any advice.  Cost to upgrade is $62.

I personally don't find an extended balcony to be a huge difference. I always book my cabin to have other cabins above it. Anything else risks noise from music, moving chairs etc...  but then again a sound machine and earplugs always help.

We were on the port side on the same deck in September, although we were a little closer to the front of the ship.  It was also an upgraded offer and our balcony was a little larger.  We wouldn't reserve in that area again, either on our own or by upgrade.  Since we were closer to the front, we didn't hear a whole lot of extra noise that annoyed us.  But what we did find, was that a lot of the balconies on that deck are "indented", if you look at the deck plan, and we got very little breeze, which we usually get at any time of year in our usual area, 6th deck, aft, regular balcony.  In September, in the Caribbean, it was humid and our balcony was hot so we didn't sit on our balcony as much as we usually do.  However, if you are going at the cooler time of year, it may be okay.  

We stayed in an extended balcony on the 8th deck on the Pride last year and must have been under a part of the pool area.  Every night around 1:00am  we heard deck chairs being dragged around for about 30 minutes or more.  I guess they were cleaning the deck, but I decided after that to not stay on that deck again......

Also, the extended balconies on deck 8 are above the life boats, which stick out from the ship.  So, if you are at your balcony railing and look down, you are seeing the top of the life boat, and not the ocean (or the ship cutting through the ocean).  

You would not see the life boats while sitting on your balcony.

I’ve been in both a standard and extended balcony on the pride.  There is a noticeable difference.  But not major.

My favorite two sections on the Pride are 8 forward (the standard balconies under the spa) and deck 5 forward (the extended balconies there).  The deck 5 extended are the only ones on Pride (not counting aft view) that are not above life boats.

Also, I would avoid the aft of Pride because of vibration issues, especially the lower decks.