Totally bummed out

cruisertobe032007

I've been emailing a CCL customer service personnel questions regarding our room. She stated we would have two twin beds with two upper beds, like Murphy beds. Well, we just found out that we have two twin beds, one pull down bed, and one roll-away. When we asked to be moved was told ship was full and there would be no moving! Just wanted to get this gripe off my chest! Sorry :-(

Carnival Fantasy

I am just back from the Triumph and had 5 (yes we are insane) people in one inside cabin! Of course we only had 2 adults and 3 kids (10, 8 and 4). I think this inside was much smaller than any other inside on Carnival I have been on. Anyway, the room had the two drop down Murphy beds (which formed an "L" on the back and left hand walls of the cabin), the room steward pushed the two twin beds together to form the king bed, but of course we had one of the bunks above us- that was hard to remember in the middle of the night. Also because of this the bed directly above ours had to be reached by crawling across the other bunk.

My daughter had this small roll-away that could be pushed under one of our beds during the day. It was on the floor and slightly larger than a crib mattress. It was fine for her. The room was definitely tight- but the room steward did fold the Murphy beds up during the day, they were not completly in the ceiling, but folded back against the walls.

We don't spend too much "awake" time in the cabin so we made do with what we had. I would not attempt another cruise with 5 people in one cabin unless they were all small- like my guys!

She did not have any complaints- but she has been known to sleep on the floor next to my bed in a sleeping bag and wake up chipper! I know they have two sized roll aways- one child one adult, From what I saw the mattress was about 6 inches thick and the frame was metal with canvas straps to hold the mattress. The bed was only inches from the floor- which I assume would be different for an adult.

I have had this happen with three in a cabin. If you book a guarantee this is more than likely to happen if they run out of triples or quads. If can be done but it is a pain if someone needs to get up at night and use the restroom. I learned my lesson after this one to book the cabin that I needed to handle the amount of guests with no roll aways. Of course Carnival has now taken care of this on their Spirit and Conquest class with no roll aways on board.

At least this is only a three or four night cruise so you should be able to handle it for that long. Happy cruising.

Cruisngator- I looked at your Triumph pictures- very nice, and I know I was on the same boat but my cabin looked nothing like yours :) . We have always booked inside, and probably a good thing, because I could get use to having an upgraded outside cabin like that!!!!! Of course then I would not be able to go as often-oh the sacrifices we make in life!

Cruisngator- I looked at your Triumph pictures- very nice, and I know I was on the same boat but my cabin looked nothing like yours :) . We have always booked inside, and probably a good thing, because I could get use to having an upgraded outside cabin like that!!!!! Of course then I would not be able to go as often-oh the sacrifices we make in life!

Thanks. Once you move up in accommodations, it's hard to go back. I love have the extra space.:)

We could have used the extra space last week- I think I had a 2 ft X 3 ft section to actually turn around in. We ended up having to get the kids ready for dinner, taking them to camp carnival and then coming back to the cabin to get ourselves ready. But, a cramped day cruising is better then a spacious day at home/work! :)

I took four of my sons, 15, 13, 11 and 7 on the Elation last summer- five in a cabin, and I am the MOM! It was great. We would not have had so much fun if we had had two rooms. My mother had another cabin, and so did my aunt, but none of the kids wanted to sleep with them- they wanted to sleep where the action was. You will definitely bond as a family and have a lot of laughs sharing a cabin. Besides- you are only in there to sleep, read Capers, joke about the day, and change. And what family goes all together to get dressed, anyway?

We had two lower twins, two upper bunks, and the "rollaway," which is a metal frame with plastic webbing. It is very comfortable- thick mattress, not a "cot" one. It is a little shorter than the regular twin mattress but not by much. My 11 year old slept on it most of the time but a 14 year old easily could.

If I were you I would DEFINITELY have it set up with two twins for you and your husband. You'll live. If they are pushed together it is a king and then there will be NO room to move around in.

Usually the kids go into a murphy/bunk bed and the adults in the twin/king bed. If the adults don't want a murphy/bunk, then they need to buy their own cabin/stateroom IMO. The 3rd and 4th passengers are usually 1/2 price in the cabin/stateroom and usually are kids. Who would want to stay in a tiny cabin/stateroom as a adult with 3 other adults? Crazy IMO.:rolleyes:

She did not have any complaints- but she has been known to sleep on the floor next to my bed in a sleeping bag and wake up chipper! I know they have two sized roll aways- one child one adult, From what I saw the mattress was about 6 inches thick and the frame was metal with canvas straps to hold the mattress. The bed was only inches from the floor- which I assume would be different for an adult.

That sounds like the new roll away style that all of the hotels are moving to. I have slept on one and they are much better than the original style roll aways.

Sounds to me though that your problem is going to be too many people in too little space.

Good luck.

That sounds like the new roll away style that all of the hotels are moving to. I have slept on one and they are much better than the original style roll aways.

Sounds to me though that your problem is going to be too many people in too little space.

Good luck.

I'm sorry but I have to agree!!! That is a lot of people in a very small space, I don't care how old they are! Don't they have connecting rooms? This to me would make so much more sense.

Two connecting staterooms would make a lot more sense, but would be more costly. For us, we paid full price for 2 and received a discount on the 3 kids. I guess it just depends on the family, how much closeness they can stand and ultimately how much they can afford to spend. We decided that since we would only be sleeping and showering in the room we could get by in one room and then use the money we saved to go on nicer excursions and such. Worked for us- but, may not for every family.

our family of four has always had one room without a problem. 2 adults 2 boys (17 and 14).

We always get 2 twins, 1 pulldown and one "cot" that they bring in. It slips right under the vanity and is as comfortable as the bed to my son. (age 14 - 5 ' 6") He has never been uncomfortable. He can't sleep in a top bunk, so this solution has always worked out well.

We specifically request this kind of room over the 2 pull downs every time we cruise.

The Spirit class as the "couch" that makes into a bed...a "cot" wasn't required. We are on the Pride in March. Can't wait!!!

Archived