Grand Cayman

tinykygal

We've snorkeled twice at places that are a short walk from the tender dock. One is Eden Rocks. You can snorkel off their pier. They have equipment rentals and lockers for rent. Easy water entry and lots of fish. There is another place down the street a bit, but can't remember the name. Same type of thing, though. If you have your own equipment, you can just pick a spot, drop your stuff or put it in a locker, and get into the water. When you exit the tender, walk down the waterfront to your right, and you'll see the dive shops.

Newbie alert-If you are snorkeling from shore and have your own equipment-what all equipment do you have to have. Can you just use a pair of goggles and see the fish? Do you have to have all the snorkle equipment made available? 1st timer here-Thanks!

I would think you'd at least want a mask and snorkel, but yes, you could probably see plenty of fish with just goggles. I would find it annoying to have to keep coming up for air, though. If you snorkel at Eden Rocks or one of the other dive shops along the waterfront, you can rent whichever

piece(s) of equipment you need. We have our own equipment, and I have a flotation vest because I'm not a strong swimmer.

Archived