Zuiderdam- when will she get SOE?

steviek49

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows when Zuiderdam will get all SOE enhancements. I originally thought it would happen in her recent drydock but after reading these boards it appears that she only had a few(ie some carpets, some bed spreads and mattresses).

Does Any one know?

Based on the schedule posted, all enhancements should be completed by now, but indeed from these boards we know they are not. I don't recall seeing anything that would indicate when they will be complete.

I read recently, possibly in the most recent Mariner magazine, that HAL indicates that they are done. Having not been done during drydock, and still not complete, it sound as if they will be completed a little at a time as they can get into the rooms.

I am a bit disappointed that the SOE enhancements were not completed during it's recent drydock.

A premium Cruiseline goes public about it's $225 million dollar SOE program- puts out an schedule for each ship on it's website and elsewhere and then when the ship goes into drydock (as scheduled) and at the time it's supposed to get the enhancements(fall 2005)-it does not- that's a disappointment.

i certainly hope she gets it soon.

I would think the budget issue is REAL. I am one of the ones that has commented about the lack of enhancements and follow through on the SOE program on the Zuiderdam. It is very sad. Even the Hotel Manager admitted to Mariner members that the ship did not get everything.

The cost to repair the ship's structural issues probably went way over and they cut back of the SOE program. Guess they figured since she is "newer" the could stretch their dollars out over time. Failing to follow through on promises indidicates an emphasis on making the almighty dollar and less concern for customer comfort. I think it affects crew morale too because the attitude of many crew members weren't as outstanding as some on the boards have indicated.

:(

Of the SOE items that were supposed to be completed by now which have not been?

I'd like to know as well. The only thing I recall reading that wasn't done was replacing the TVs with flat screens. However, the schedule of SOE enhancement indicates that Zuiderdam is not getting the flat screens at this time. I assumed that's because the current TVs are too new to replace.

I stated that I read that flat screen televisions were not installed on Zuiderdam. The HAL link provided shows that she was not due to receive them, so I would guess that those reporting no flat screens after the dry dock are correct.

Archived