Questions Re: Car Service to Southampton from London

sfvoyager

Well, I got the bad news that VSOE is sold out to Southampton for the May 5 voyage. :(

One of the big features that attracted me was the fact that the luggage is handled and the train goes right to the port.

How accessible is the port with a private car service?

How difficult is it to transfer the bags to a porter for luggage assistance?

Thank you for your advice. I am travelling with my mom who is 80, and I want her arrival to be as easy as possible. I find that the transitions from airport to hotel to ship can be more exhausting than a 12 hour flight!

We are talking about the Orient Express here, right? Do they take a waitlist?

We are taking a private car service/tour stopping at Stonehenge & Salisbuty (time permitting) on the way to Southampton. The port/terminal is very accessible, you won't have a problem with a car service and there will be loads of porters to help with your luggage.

I highly recommend Ray's. We used him twice last July, once for a transfer to LHR and once for a tour of London. In both cases, he arrived early, patiently waited for us, and was wonderful to talk to. There's nothing he could have done better. He has a few different vehicles. We're a family of 4, so we had the mini-van and it was clean and comfortable. It was easy to get in and out of also, which might work for your mother.

http://www.london-transfers.com/

Archived