Ocean Liner vs. Cruise Ship

envy4u

[quote name=Host Doug

I do not object to the statement that "the only other ocean liner extant is Queen Elizabeth 2" inasmuch as it seems obvious that he means that she is the only other one still being used for that purpose. .

Doug,

QE2 is hardly being used as an 'ocean liner' any more. Her transatlantic crossings are not line voyages any more but just legs of the world cruise.

She is 'just' a cruise ship!:eek:

Stephen

Her transatlantic crossings are not line voyages any more but just legs of the world cruise.

In some sense I guess this is true, but I was told that more than half the passengers on our crossing were just travelling from Southampton to New York and the atmoshpere on board was definitely "crossing", not "cruise".

I wonder how she will get back to Southampton after her April 2007 westbound at the end of the world cruise... If she does another crossing, that will be a line voyage. Well I guess one could call it a "positioning cruise" but that's really splitting hairs!

Archived