Solo Traveler - Sold out RC ships any time I look for rooms

Finding studio cabins on the ships is hard as there are not that many of them. This past time I had to call RCL for pricing and a studio happened to be available that wasn't on the site. Thankfully it was as it saved me $1,000 from the interior. A lot of the times you'll have to book a studio cabin as soon as booking opens or just keep checking to see if one is available. Sometimes it does come out to be the same price or close to it if they are doing a BOGO60 or it's a last minute trip. 

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

You fell for the fake "sale" (translation: you still paid 100% single supplement).  😲

Hmmmmm.  Doing my math from the invoice:

• Cruise Fare (w/ single supplement): $2,940
  • BOGO60 NRD: -$882
  • Subtotal Fare (excluding additional promos, taxes, fees, etc.): $2,058

The savings is 30% off of the total fare.  It's still 60% of the "supplemental" (empty berth).  Of course, this is not counting the taxes / fees... since they were a wash with the other savings promotions, I didn't figure them in.  That might skew the single price slightly higher if any component of the fees is based on the total cruise fare.

Either way: I got a good price.  The OP can get a good price.  A hell of a lot cheaper than paying the full freight!

--bruce T.