Cocktails in the room

sailorgirl

It's all fine and dandy to bring your own liquor but since the airlines are putting a 50-lb limit on luggage it can be a toss-up between a bottle and a couple of outfits. We were overweight going to Hawaii and it cost us $25. Coming home we were 6 lbs over and they let it ride. You can get away w/more on a 7 day cruise since you don't need as many clothes. But on 14+ I'd rather bring extra shoes than a bottle.

I agree with you, a bottle of alcohol is heavy. You need to "weigh" your options. I have a couple of oversize suitcases and every time I use them they attract the attention of the airlines. I can pack a normal size suitcase with gold bricks and no one will look at it twice. Just let them see one of those large ones and they slap on a fee real fast. We are just prepared to pay the $25 if we need to. I'm more worried about where I'm going to put the blasted thing when I get it into the cabin. As far as leaving out a pair of shoes, no way, I put everything in there I could possibly fit and THEN shoved a large bottle of the captain way down in the middle. Let's see, 12 night cruise - that's good for 20 pairs of shoes - not counting DH's 3!

Archived