Fish Fry questions - Scubagirrl

anadi

If we take the #10 jitney, is the Fish Fry area beyond Cable Beach? We would like to go to both areas. If we take my dad, who has some difficulty walking long or hilly distances, is it a tough walk from the pier to the #10 and then from wherever you are let off to the fish fry area? Are there some shops in that area, or mostly food? What is a great place to eat lunch? He would not be going to Cable Beach, as my parents don't care for that, so we would send them off to somewhere else. Thanks!

If we take the #10 jitney, is the Fish Fry area beyond Cable Beach? We would like to go to both areas. If we take my dad, who has some difficulty walking long or hilly distances, is it a tough walk from the pier to the #10 and then from wherever you are let off to the fish fry area? Are there some shops in that area, or mostly food? What is a great place to eat lunch? He would not be going to Cable Beach, as my parents don't care for that, so we would send them off to somewhere else. Thanks!

The Fish Fry is located just outside of town on the way to Cable Beach. You and you dad can head there for lunch, then send him back to down on the jitney (2 stops) and you can continue on to Cable Beach.

The Jitney is a very easy stroll from the dock. it's about 6 short blocks from the dock.. no hills, no stress. Just a walk along the wharf or along Bay Street.. Then around the front of the British Colonial Hotel and hop the jitney in front of McDonalds.

Just a few blocks away is Arawak Cay.. where the Fish Fry is located.

Just ask the driver to drop you off.. and pay $1pp as you leave the bus.

The Fish fry is STEPS away from the stop.

My favorite would be Twin Brothers, Seafood Haven, Goldies or The Briland Lounge.

To get your Dad back to town, just flag down a Jitney in the other direction and Voila. Easy as pie. For you.. just flag a jitney going in the same direction. and continue onto Cable Beach..

Keep in mind you can get off and on at any point.. just ask to stop.. or flag them down. They go back and forth all day.. everyday.. from 6am - 7pm

Only restaurants, daiquair huts... no shopping. Some days, usually weekends, there's entertainment, Junkanoo or bands.

Hope this helps.

Archived