Carnival Out of LA or Long Beach ??? Good Deal???

ehaas

I was looking at maybe doing a March 13 Carnival Cruise out of LA or Long Beach. Anybody ever done this short 4 day cruise and what did you think?

I also notice the week before the 13th and the week after are selling for about $200 dollars a person less. I am not sure if there is a chance it may go down yet.

Any and all ideas welcome. We have from March 12th to the 19th to do something fun and right now we are looking at California.

I appreciate the information thus far but was wondering if others agree with the stop in Ensenlada Mexico.

Thanks

I did this cruise 7-4-05 and I did the horseback riding excursion there and it was pretty boring, But if you have never ridin a horse before it might be fun. ( They are very nice people, just no scenory except for weeds.)

Other than that it is pretty dirty looking.

I would take this cruise again tho.

This itinerary was my fist Carnival cruise on the Ecstasy in 2004. We loved it! Would recomend doing the Blow Hole "La Bufadora" if you like shopping. The shopping in downtown Ensendad was not that great. We also had a great time partying at the clubs downtown.

-Everyone has their idea of fun and if you go without great expectations, you will have fun!

-WE ARE NOW PLANNING THIS SAME CRUISE IN SEPT FOR MY 30 YR CLASS REUNION!

The only reasons the ship stops in Ensenada is to comply with the Jones Act and to pretend like it's actually cruising somewhere.

Went to the Bufadora and the adjoining flea market. Spent the time taking weird photos. There's also the studio where Titanic and Master and Commander: Far Side of the World where filmed (which we didn't see).

Usually in March, we're subject to the "Hawaiian Express" which are storms from the Southwest which bring most of the rain that SoCal (and Ensenada) get all year. Usually. And usually it never rains on the Rose Parade and usually it does rain mid-January through February. Usually. This year, who knows? Last year we had record rains in December (usually a dry month) and January but bubkis in March.

Cinderrose: did you cruise in August? Maybe you saw me.

Archived