Cruise Critic Community
mikeejay

Norwegian - in Key West port 1:00pm-7:00pm - Snorkel?

Hello - we are booked on a Norwegian cruise and for our stop at Key West we Arrive at 1:00pm and Depart at 7:00pm.  

Has anyone found a snorkel excursion that can be completed in that short window?  I've looked all over and everything I can find leaves too early or gets back too late?

On the Norwegian website they do offer a snorkel excursion, however it is not available on this specific cruise (my assumption is due to the short time we are in port).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

It looks like Fury has a trip that usually leaves at 2pm, for 3 hours--the double dip snorkeling trip.  You didn't say when you'll be there, but it looks like there's a different schedule from June-August that won't work for you.  

23 hours ago, mikeejay said:

Hello - we are booked on a Norwegian cruise and for our stop at Key West we Arrive at 1:00pm and Depart at 7:00pm.  

Has anyone found a snorkel excursion that can be completed in that short window?  I've looked all over and everything I can find leaves too early or gets back too late?

On the Norwegian website they do offer a snorkel excursion, however it is not available on this specific cruise (my assumption is due to the short time we are in port).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The Floridays does a nice three hour snorkel trip out to the reef (and you won't be with 100 other people) ---> https://floridayskeywest.com/

Pjk

I would also recommend Floridays for their smaller number of people.  When I looked on their website, I saw just their 1pm snorkeling trip.  The 2pm trip is on a glass bottom boat and it is called an eco-tour, so I would call to make sure that it goes to the actual reef.  I've been on trips on other boats that are called eco-tours, and they went to the mangroves and a smaller patch reef area in the gulf that was nice, but not as extensive as the reef.  

Thank you everyone!  Floridays is going to work our perfectly... their snorkel sail is 2:00-5:00 (leaving me 1 hour before and 2 hour after).  I just researched, found many positive reviews and booked for my family in April!

Thanks again!