passenger demographics

jtimmer

My family and I are taking the crossing on June 9 on the QM2. We have two children, ages 6 and 9. I am curious as to what the demographics are like on a crossing in the very early summer (i.e. how many families, etc). Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Did a crossing in June 2003 on the QE2. As I recall, there were not that many small children aboard. However, a family at adjoining table had a very cute lad who appeared each evening in a tuxedo. He was the star of the restaurant. If you're interested in knowing about activities for that age group, perhaps someone else can give you more information.

thanks. My six year old son will be sporting his tux too! I prefer being in the minority in terms of children, and we don't need too much help in the activities department. Are the non-children passengers mostly retired types or is there a broad age spectrum?

Insofar as the QE2 was going 'round the world" children were virtually non-existent on the NYC/LosAngeles segment in Jan of 06. Passengers younger than 40 were virtually non-existent. Longer cruises during school-times share that same fate no matter what line. Pity the kids looking for a whole passle of fun things 'round the pool' etc,etc. QM2 may be different account the swimming pool set-up is more of a focal point and its HUGE!!

I think you'll find a rather broad spectrum of passengers in the summer although weighted more heavily toward the older. We were on the QE2 last summer for a Norway cruise and the situation was similar. Never lacked for interesting folks to converse with and our tablemates in PG ran the gamut in ages as well.

Archived