Carnival Sunrise Spa Pass

dougygreen

My last cruise was on Norwegian Escape with a Thermal Suite pass and it was worth every penny. I recently booked Carnival Sunrise and although I know it's Cloud 9 Spa will pale in comparison to Escape's (No Thermal Pool etc.), I can't decide if it's worth it or not. Does anyone have similar experience? Is it true that all guests have free access to saunas on Sunrise? If so, what makes the pass worth it, other than the heated tile chairs? Is it true that Sunrise's renovations have made common areas more congested? Will a Cloud 9 Pass on this ship offer sanctuary from the noise and crowds and be worth the cost, or does Serenity do the job just as well and I should use my money elsewhere? 

I thought about getting the pass because our other party were in a Spa Cabin so had access.  I wasn't impressed with the tour so I skipped adding it.  They do have the tile loungers that overlooked the water and the different saunas/steam rooms and I believe the one shower but that was pretty much it.  You can always tour it on the first day and decide if you think its worth it.  I really enjoyed it on some other boats but they had the pools and/or hot tubs or other stuff that made it more worth it to me.

I did not find the public areas to be any more crowded than any other ship I've been on.  Serenity was always full (or saved), the chair right around the two pools were always full (or saved), but there were still chairs available around the upper decks.

The worse congestion we encountered was if you were trying to walk from front towards rear of deck 9 (which is where our room was).  They put the water/drinks right at the door into lido buffet and then they have a divider and you cant really fit past the people trying to get drinks.  Otherwise, it was no better or worse in my experience.