Recent experiences with Hertz POM

rhiannon35

I’m flying into FLL March 11 and cruising from POM March 14. Got a good deal on Hertz, drop off at the downtown 2nd St location. 

We did this a few yrs ago and drop off was easy — attendant checked us out in the garage and we got on the shuttle. I remember, however, that the line to pick up a car was HORRENDOUS. 

I see from recent reviews that situation hasn’t improved. But, what worries me is I saw a post saying you must go inside to drop off paperwork when returning car. This wasn’t my experience and I really don’t want to deal with long lines and hassle. 

Anyone drop off a car at this location recently? Pls share good or bad experiences. 

Downtown Hertz location always seems to be busy, especially on weekend turnaround days. Facility unfortunately is too small for the amount of business they do. I always find it easier too drop off my rental at the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center and take the free shuttle to the Port Of Miami. Alamo, National, Enterprise, Dollar, and Thrifty provide the free shuttle service. The short ride takes approximately fifteen minutes and the Rental Car Center is open seven days a week, twenty four hours a day. Plenty of employees to handle your transaction no matter when you arrive.

Thanks, Corby. I’m going with Hertz though. Prices for other rentals are significantly more. Although I will keep checking. 

Like I said, my drop off experience a few years ago was fine. From reviews it seems pick up is the nightmare. Just want to find more recent drop off experiences.