Need Information

Palmsandsun

Has anyone cruised the Legend to Colon, Panama, Lemon, Costa Rica, Belize out of Ft. Lauderdale? We are thinking of a cruise either in Dec. 2006 or Jan. 2007. What would the weather be like. Also wanted to take the excursion of Panama City which included the canal. Noticed we'd only be in Colon from 7AM to 5PM. The tour is 7 hours. It doesn't allow enough time.

Would appreciate it if anyone has done this cruise to advise if there is any other excursion that would take us through the canal allowing enough time. Thanks for any information.

the excursion of Panama City which included the canal. Noticed we'd only be in Colon from 7AM to 5PM. The tour is 7 hours. It doesn't allow enough time.

If its listed on Carnvials website as a 7 hour tour like The Canal Tour or even the 8 hour Panama City tour then you will have enough time. The ship wont leave without you.

When we sailed into Panama, They gave us specific instructions as to not wonder off, it was and probably still is very dangerous area, so we just went down and got some items and came back.

Costa Rica was alot safer, we took the Dole Banana Plantation tour, totally awesome tour, learned alot about the Science of the makings of the banana.

We went in March and it was totally hot with some rain. Not sure on Dec and Jan, you can find these stats on Yahoo by doing a search for those locations or on the Weather Websites.

Go to this thread to read more about Panama:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

we did this cruise in january 2004 on the Spirit. BY far costa rica was my favorite port. We went white water rafting which was the best excursion I ahve ever done. The scenery is beautiful as well. In belize we went snorkeling at shark-ray alley. It was ok but only saw 1 shark. Then we went to a little island (can't think of the name) and had lunch and wandered around. Panama was the worst port I have been too. Just about all the excursions had to do with going to the canal which I had no interest in. So can't be much help there. We had booked an excursion for biking through the rain forest or something like that and it was cancelled due to lack of participation. There is a pretty nice shopping area right outside the port that I spent some time in.

The weather in january was beautiful especially since it was cold here in st louis at the time. The ship was large and very nice. The food was good though my b/f didn't like that they don't have a menu with items you can order anytime if you don't like whats on the menu. (Did that make any sense) RCCl and Princess both do this. Anyway it was a very nice cruise and different from the usual eastern/western carribbean.

Archived