Luggage storage in Vancouver

calteacher

We have a private tour planned for Vancouver when we disembark.  Trouble is, there are four of us and it is possible that we may have more luggage than our guide can handle.  It seems I once read that there was a place to leave luggage for a minimal price (but can't find the topic).  Any help from anyone?

Thanks.

We were able to leave our luggage with the doorman of the Pan Pacific hotel, which is at Canada Place. I think it was about $5 CDN per bag. Cheaper and smaller line than the baggage deposit right  in the cruise terminal. 

42 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

We were able to leave our luggage with the doorman of the Pan Pacific hotel, which is at Canada Place. I think it was about $5 CDN per bag. Cheaper and smaller line than the baggage deposit right  in the cruise terminal. 

I used the Pan Pacific bell desk several times..very easy...ground /street level at front of hotel...yep $5 CDN per piece a year ago was the rate.  No line to speak of..nice people, no hassles.  

There's also the official pier storage - but that jumped up from $8 a bag to $12 when the franchise was taken over by WestCoast, so I would say the PP bell desk remains by far the most logical choice for a simple 'leave bags and come back again' - unfortunately the old 'send luggage to YVR' transfer service no longer exists since CDS lost the franchise, which means PorterGenie is the only option if it's not convenient to return to the pier. For just a couple of bags it's outrageously pricey due to the fixed fee for pickup and dropoff, but if you send loads of bags that gets amortized over the entire batch so it becomes more reasonable the larger the volume you're storing with them.

If the idea was to get dropped at the airport after the tour, I'd check with the guide as to exactly what vehicle will be used - for four adults I'd be hoping for a large SUV or even a minivan so you have elbow room and nobody is stuck in a cramped middle seat during your tour, and those should both have ample space in the trunk area for a big and small bag each. Another factor - locally a lot of guides rent cars so they can adjust vehicle size to the group - if yours does, you could simply ask 'how much to rent a bigger car?' and compare that to the cost of PorterGenie.

Our drop off can either be at the airport or a hotel.  Our hotel is near the airport, but the tour guide said it would not be convenient to take it to our hotel first.  There are four of us and I don't know how much luggage our friends will have.  I thought it was the PP hotel, but when I searched, it didn't come up.

Thanks for everyone's help.