Question for Antiguan

DebNJoe

I have found 3 Jeep Safari tours offered in Antigua on the web. I am surprised not to be able to find any reviews positive or negative about them. :confused:

They are:

Antigua Adventures - Tropikelly Trails

Tropical Adventures - Off Road Jeep Safaris

Estate Safari & Classic Jeep Tours

We did an open air jeep safari tour while in Aruba a few years ago that took us to see all the natural beauty of the island away from the tourist areas. It was lots of fun, and we would love to do something like that again.

Any info that you may know about them would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Debbie

This was taken from: Antigua and Barbuda Newsgroup. I think the classic Jeep Safari is run by Estate Safari. Most people say it is run very professionally. The only problem with many of them is that they work with the ships and get booked up when ships are in town. There is another one that just started up with a guy who i have known all my life. He's been a kayaking tour guide, a catamaran guide and jeep guide and now has his own tour called Happy Trails. He's been in operation for about 2 months and as it is an owner operated business i am sure he will give 100%. He told me that he was working on getting his site done but i don't think its finished yet. Call him direct if you want on +12687264273 and i am sure he will customise a tour for you. His name is Gareth and grew up between here and Barbados. Anyway, here is the post on Estate Safari which should be a sure thing too.

Written by Fiestygrl at 02 Feb 2006 01:50:00:

I decided to go for a preset tour and don't regret my choice. I wanted to make sure my mom could see as much as possible, but ride in a comfortable seat! She had issues getting in and out of the taxi/minivans all week and she had some nasty bumps.

We were picked up at Grand Pineapple on Friday, which for us was a bonus, no additional taxi's! Our guide for the day Jeramiah was awesome! He was a wealth of knowledge and history and kept us entertained all day!

We started off by going to Devil's bridge. I was enthralled by the crashing waves, the sounds and sights! Jeramiah walked us out onto the rocks and told us about the history of the area, very fascinating. As we stood and watched the waves crashing in, we noticed the water bubbling up and air bubbles blowing out of tiny holes scattered across the rock surface. We asked about this and as Jerry beckoned us over to see the cave hidden below, I fell. Go figure, worried about my mom so much, that I took a spill on some slippery rocks! I broke my digital camera and banged up my right leg, but was at least in one piece! Luckly I had a backup camera back in the jeep! I salvaged the memory card before any salt water destroyed it, so hopefully the pictures will be fine!

I was not going to let this stop me from enjoying the rest of our trip and it didn't. We headed off around the island with Jerry telling us the various snippets of historical facts along with some local mythes. We went to all the places on my list, Shirley Heights, Nelson Dockyard, English Bay, Falmouth bay, the list just goes on!

We stopped in this tiny little speck of a town, forget where that was now, and had a wonderful lunch. We were 6 on our tour and no others had arrived yet, so we had the dining room to ourselves. Once we finished lunch, off we went again to explore the rain forest to get our education on the different types of palm trees, banana trees, and we even stopped to look at a field filled with pineapples.

As we bumped along the back roads and passed many locals, I noticed a road side vendor selling conch shells. I mentioned to Jerry that I had wanted to collect shells this trip, but my plans had changed, so hadn't gone. As we were talking a beach came into view and Jerry said it was a good spot for shell collecting. I asked him what beach it was, but already suspected it was the beach I had wanted to go to, Darkwood!

I was thrilled to have a chance to stop at the beach I had planned on visiting! Not only did we stop and wander down the beach some to pick up shells, but Jerry collected a pocket full for me too! We stayed about 20-25 min and it just made my day even more enjoyable!

I can't say enough about Jerry and how he took care of my mom that trip. He made every effort to educate us about Antigua and its history. He also went out of his way to do things that might not have been on the planned agenda. I highly recommend this tour!

Jan

and from the same lady on another forum:

Fiestygrl

Ottawa, Ontario

Posted on: 5:21 am, yesterday Report inappropriate post

Just got back last Sunday from Antigua. I highly recommend Eli's Ecotour or Extreme tour. It is an awesome day out on the water and the sights are phenominal! The crew is awesome and they make sure everyone has a great time! You can find more information @

http://adventureantigua.com/tour.html

We also went on a great land tour called Classic Jeep tour, they also do a safari version, which is an open jeep and goes off the beaten track so to speak. You can find more information @

http://www.estatesafari.com/

Both tours were amazing and very informative too.

Fiestygrl

Archived