Bone Island Shuttle or Trolley?

crusinmom

Thanks for the reply. I knew there had to be a difference in it.

Do you recommend the Trolley? Just wanting to explore the island for a while and then back to Duval street for some bar hopping.

We will have "older" parents with us so we want to limit the walking.

Yes the Trolley or Conch Train are a nice way to see Key West and learn some things about it on your first visit. We did the train our first time there, had an entertaining driver who was funny and informative. I think they both last about an hour or a little more.

For someone on a short cruise visit, I think the Trolley or Train, and then a Duval Crawl for shopping/dining/bar hopping is a good plan:)

Here's a link, looks like the Old Town Trolley and Conch Train are run by the same company:

http://www.historictours.com/keywest/

The trolley and the conch train are both narrated tours, as stated above. The difference between the train and the trolley is that you can get off the trolley at a point of interest and hop back on. This is a wonderful option if you would like to visit some of the museums and want to limit the walking. The tour is the same on both--90 minutes. So if you just want to have a tour of the island and then walk around a little, the train would be fine. If you'd like to see Hemingway's, the southernmost point, and go to the butterfly conservatory (all somewhat lengthy walks), the trolley would be best.

Key West is a really cool little eccentric town. One of my favorite places to be sure. Have fun.

We took the trolley from the cruise ship b/c it was offered by Carnival for free. Since we were parasailing we got off the ship early and made our way around Mallory Square getting familiar with the different stores/bars. We found our place where we were parasailing and they actually took us 30 min. early. After we were finished we walked around then we took the Bone Island Shuttle. We paid $7.00 and the good thing was we could go where ever we wanted to go and get off when we wanted. Everytime we got on we were with a different driver and they pointed out so many places of interest along the way with a little history. I didn't want to pay $25.00 for the 3 hours that we had left to sight see. If I had not researched all of the places of interest before we went then maybe I would have taken the trolley. But thanks to this board I knew where we wanted to go and had things planned out. We enjoyed the Bone Island Shuttle.

Archived