mahahual/uvero/tequila????

cruznmoma

Gosh..The more I read, the more confused I am. Me, my husband and my 16 year old daughter will port in Costa Maya onboad the Carnival Liberty in March. We love big white sandy beaches that aren't too crowded but not out in the middle of "BFE" either...Looking for a place to snorkel and parasail and to have some drinks and a bite to eat.

I have read mixed reviews on Tequila, Uvero and Mahahual. Please; someone that has been there done that help me. Should we just jump in a taxi or should we book a trip at the dock. I don't do ship excursions as they are too run of the mill for us.

Also...Where is the best place to buy local "crafty" stuff or vanilla extract?(Mexico has the best in the world).

Also what's all the rave about Pez Quadros and wher is it?

Thanks for any info...:confused:

Hi there, we were just there in January, go off the dock, through the tourist trap stores and right out untill you see the busses, tell someone you want a taxi to Mahahaul and they will direct you over to the left to a booth where you will purchase one way tickets for $3.00 each to Mahahual, its only a 5 minute drive. They have the best prices there at the village on Tequila (in the general store) We got some for $8.00 us. a bottle and its great tequila. Vanilla is sold in a few places there but I think the best quality vanilla was at the liquor store. What ever you buy in Mahahual is going to be way cheaper than back at the dock so make sure you get it there because your going to wish you did after yo go back and start noticing the prices, especially the vanilla. I missed out, got tequila instead.

Its not a very big place, you have one street about 2 blocks long with little stores on both sides, there is a great leather store there too.

There will be cabs lined up on the street at the end where you got dropped off and the fare is $2.00 each to get back. Very few people even know about the fishing village so no crowds there.

Archived